23

Slade Donovan POV

"I am telling the king!" Luciana said for the umpteenth time after Gabriella was dragged out of the room.

"No one is telling the king," I answered back.

"She hit you on the face. She is not Bianca, Slade!" No one needs to remind me about that. "She is playing with your emotions because she has the same face as Her."

I heaved a sigh but didn't say anything. I wasn't surprised when Gabriella slapped me in the face because she had done it before,e but the shocking thing was that her head was Bleeding. When I asked that she should be moved from her previous room, I never questioned that she should be treated to the extent of bleeding from the head.

"You are not telling the kin,g, and that's is final," I said to her and walked out of the room searching for Gabriella.

"Slade! This conversation isn't over!" Luciana shouted after m,e but I didn't turn back neither did I reply to her. I was going to look for Gabriella and see for myself if she was fine or not.

Why do I care? It was the stupid bond messing up with my head and my emotions. I could get rid of her by moving her away from me, but It backfired on m,e, and I regret ever letting her out of my sight. I took the hallway that led to Slave quarters. When I entered the slave room, I met Rhoda addressing the Girls, but Gabriella was nowhere to be found. "Rhoda!" I shouted her name.

"Your highness," they all bowed when they saw me. I didn't acknowledge them; instead, I rushed to where Rhoda stood and grabbed her by the throat. The slaves turned their heads and couldn't look up at me. I threw Rhoda to the nearest wall, and she landed on the ground with a thump.

"When I told you to be in charge of Gabriella, I never said you should hurt her. How dare you lay hands on her?" I shouted and walked closer to where she landed.

"Your highness," she bowed and stretched forth her hand to beg me. "Have mercy, your highness! I..." She stuttered because she was lying.

"You must be crazy to think that I'm a fool. I heard your thought the instance I walked into this room. You were thinking about how you'll kick her and make her suffer! I also heard your thought when you came to my room. How dare you lay hands on what mine!" My voice was loud and powerful. It was as if I wasn't the one talking again. It was as if somebody else had taken over my body. I was acting like this because I saw Gabriella hurt. Whatever was happening to me wasn't the bond; it was something else.

"Your highness!" She bows her head to the ground and cries out loud. "Have mercy, your highness. I'm sorry." 

I rushed to her and pulled her up. I held her by the throat and pinned her to the wall. "Where is she!" My voice grew louder and sounded monstrous. I didn't know what was happening to me or why I said that way.

"She....." She hit my hand as she struggled to speak, but I didn't let her go. "She is with prince Teale!" She shouted.

At the mention of Teale's name, I removed my hand from her throat like it was fire, and she dropped to the ground gasping for breath. "The next time you lay hands on Gabriella would be the last time you ever talk. I'll cut your tongue out." I threatened her and walked out of the room.

I didn't know why Teale was with her. Although he helped me save her, I still see him as a threat. A threat that could take what belonged to me.  I thought of where they could be and found myself where I knew they might be. Like I thought they were under the tree, I saw them the last time, and they were both staring at each other like they wanted to kiss.

Wanted to kiss? Gabriella would never do that to me, I believed, but sometimes what you never expected always happened.

Before their lips could meet, I rushed towards them with super speed and grabbed Teale's hand. Like the wind, we disappeared and appeared at the front of the castle. I pushed him towards the pillar that surrounded the Castle. "Slade!" He shouted my name, but I was too blinded by what I saw, so I blocked the voices around me. I hit his head on the pillar and jumped on top of him. I punched him in the face repeatedly and thrust him in the heart with my claws. "Slade!" Someone's voice distracted me, and when I turned, I was pushed away by my brother.  I landed beside Teale, who seemed weak as his fangs were out and his purple eyes were glowing.