CHAPTER 8

Slade Donovan POV

I never thought Gabriella was going to be so stubborn and rude. That girl is the worst enslaved person any vampire could ever buy. From her running mouth to her overconfidence, she is the rudest person I've ever met.

When I bought her in the auction house, I thought she would be like Bianca. At first, I thought she was my Bianca, but then I remembered that Bianca died in my arms many years ago.

Bianca was my first love, and she was also a human-like Gabriella. She and Gabriella had the same face. Unlike Gabriella, she was a carefree, lovely, pure, and gentle girl. I fell in love with her at first sight, but not all sweet love ends well. My father ordered her to be killed, and I couldn't do anything to save her. I watched her die in front of me.

After so many years of losing Bianca, I saw Gabriella at the auction house. Same face but a different attitude. Gabriella is one of the humans that seems impossible to control. If I had my chance, I would have killed Gabriella the first day I bought her.

I'm not a lousy vampire like my father, and I'm not the nicest. But I couldn't tolerate Gabriella and her attitude.

I placed my hand on my lips and smiled at myself. I had no idea why I was smiling, but I kept smiling because I knew Gabriella probably hated me more now that I had kissed her.

"Really? It was just to shut me up. This made me hate you more, prince Slade. Don't you dare do this again?"

I blinked my eyes as I remembered what she had said after the kiss, but I didn't feel threatened; instead, I was smiling.

"My prince, "a human servant bowed to me. I was still in the hallways, having thought about Gabriella. I had entirely forgotten about the ball.

"I'm already on my way," I said to the human servant because I knew that was what he wanted to say. I could hear his thought when he headed toward me.

As I entered the ballroom, Luciana came to me and clung to me like a parasite. I pretended to be happy with her, but my mind was on someone else.

I couldn't stop thinking about the kiss with Gabriella.

*****************

Gabriella Monet POV

When I entered the ballroom, I could see all the royals and rich vampires having fun. I found it disgusting because they were all smiling.

"The fun the humans are supposed to be having."I cursed silently as I watched them all having fun. Some were drinking from their slaves. Some were busily flirting with the maids. It was disgusting to watch them have fun while humans suffered.

I stood in a corner as I glared at the Vampires in the ballroom with me. I thought of how the world would be if the humans were in power, but my thought changed to the kiss Slade, and I shared.

"Oh my God, why I'm I like this? Did he hypnotize me?"I asked myself as I thought about Slade. "I must be going crazy" I slapped my forehead and whispered some words. "Come back to your senses Gabriella Monet. Slade is a vampire, a blood-sucking demon. Come to your senses" I closed my eyes as I scolded myself. I was lost in my thought and had no idea that someone was in front of me. The person touched me, and my heart stopped for a second. I was startled by the Person's touch. I slowly opened my eyes and sighed briefly when I realized it was Daphne.

"Way to spoil an important scolding, Daphne."I thought.

"Are you okay gabby? You seemed jumpy, and you were talking to yourself like a lunatic. Wait... "She said, and I thought she knew what was going on with me.

"Did Prince Slade hit you again?" she asked. I shook my head at her, and she seemed to get what I was trying to say.

"Are you sure you are okay?" she questioned again to ensure I was telling the truth.

"I'm okay, "I replied with a fake grin.

Prince kyle came over to us, and we both bowed as a sign of respect.

" I hated it."

"Hey, Gabriella, "he waved at me, and I stared at him, not knowing what to say or do to a vampire prince.

"Daphne, I need you to serve some guests," he told her, and they both left, leaving me to my stupid thoughts.

"Gabriella, you are running mad, "I mumbled.

"There you are."

I turned to the tiny yet powerful voice that was speaking to me. The little voice but influential person belongs to no other person than Luciana.

"What's does she want?"I thought as we both stared at each other.

"I need you to get me a glass of wine. Um..what your name again?" she scratched her head like she was trying to remember my name.

"Is this bitch trying to be funny?"

I walked closer to her and chuckled softly, and then I spoke up. "I see no reason I should tell you my name because you already know who I am, "I told her, and when she tried to speak, I raised my hand to stop her because I wasn't done.

"Go get yourself the wine, or better still, call somebody else and leave me the fuck alone, "I shouted.

"How dare you? Who the fuck are you to tell me that?" she shouted and pushed me on the chest.

I staggered but stood my ground. I smiled at her because I didn't want to cause a scene.

"Are you laughing right now? You useless, enslaved person! I could kill you right here, right now, "she yelled.

Due to the loud noise in the ballroom, no one seems to pay attention to our argument.

"I know I'm a slave, and I'm not afraid to die. So please leave me the hell alone!"I yelled back. If she thought she was good at yelling, I'd tell her I was better.

Luciana scoffed and pulled me by the hair. "Look here, slave, I'm a noble vampire, and you are a mere human. I could kill you here right now."

I laughed and pulled her hand away from her hair. I wouldn't say I like it when people touch my hair, especially vampires.

"Don't you ever touch my hair again," I warned and pointed the finger at her. "You keep filling my head with the words enslaved person. Are you just hearing that, or Did you learn how to pronounce that?"

"How dare you?" she roared, and the whole room turned their heads in our direction. The music had stopped, and the vampires in the room began to murmur amongst themselves.

"Bow down and apologize now, or you'll suffer for it, "she threatened.

"Bow? I bow to no one."

I laughed, and everyone in the room stared at me like crazy. When I stopped laughing, I faced her with a smirk. "Look here bitch. The last thing I would ever do is a bow to a worthless vampire like you, "I told her and turned to walk away from her, but she pulled me back and slapped me on the face with full force.

"My face might probably be red now."

I touched my face with my left hand and used my right hand to slap her back. The room grew silent as my hand landed on Luciana's face. Some of the vampires in the room glared at me and murmured amongst themselves.

"Did you just slap me?"Luciana asked.

"No, I caress your face."

"What's going on here?"Slade asked as Slade came over to meet us.

"She started it." we both said at the same time.