Cheatham County - Ryan Upchurch

"Get y'all's asses back here!" A sheriff shouts after you and your boyfriend.

You squeal as you grip his sweaty hand, the two of you racing through the streets of Ashland City, Tennessee.

"Stop!"

Ryan pulls you into a narrow alleyway, his clammy hand over your mouth as he watches the cop run past. You breathe hard through your nose, your eyes never leaving his until he pulls back.

"My daddy's gonna kill us." You pant, pushing your hair out of your eyes. "You know he's the chief of police, Ryan!"

"So?" He responds, fixing his ball cap. "It'll be fine, baby."

You roll your eyes, your chest heaving.

Ryan's blue eyes go from yours to your lips to your sweat slicked chest. He pushes you back against the wall and kisses you hard, his fingers tangling in your messy hair.

"I gotta get home 'fore my daddy." You pant, licking your lips.

"Stay with me tonight." He responds, his hands still in your hair. "Say you's stayin' with Tracy." You glance around then nod.

Ryan grins then leads you stealthily back to his place, being extremely careful to avoid the cops.

As soon as the trailer door clatters shut, Ryan pushes you against the wall, kissing you sloppily. You knock his ball cap off his head as he lifts you up, wanting you to wrap your legs around his waist.

He carries you to his bed, dropping you on your back as he continues kissing you and groping you.

+++

You wake up first, your hair falling in your face as you sit up. Ryan hums next to you and stirs, his arm wrapping around your bare middle.

You slide out from under his sparsely inked arm and start pulling your clothes back on.

You give him a soft kiss to his forehead then quietly head outside.

As you sit on the front porch with a cigarette between your fingers, you hear the screen door shut behind you.

"You okay?"

You look over your shoulder to see Ryan wearing sweatpants with a TSC ball cap and nothing else. You chuckle at the sight.

"Yeah, I'm okay." You say as he sits next to you, holding his hand out for the cigarette.

"What's on your mind, baby?"

"College." You respond. "I got accepted to Middle Tennessee State."

"Nice." He mumbles. "So you leavin'?"

"I don't know." You say, tapping the ash off your cigarette. "I don't wanna leave here. It's home, y'know? I've been here my whole life, Ry, I can't just leave."

"But," he takes a deep breath and swallows hard. "Sometimes you gotta get out, y'know? You gotta- you gotta grow as an individual."

You look at him with teary eyes. "I can't leave you. You're my rock, Ry."

"I'll be here when you get back." He responds, rubbing your back. "You can count on that, baby." He presses a kiss to the side of your head. "Do this for yourself. Get outta Ashland City and grow."