Thinking 'Bout You - Dustin Lynch

You look your best friend over as he sits next to you on the Cumberland Lake's shore on the Fourth of July. You're planning on leaving for college next month and you can't wait but there's something you need to do before you go.

Dustin shares that white, straight toothed smile with you before turning his attention back to the lightning bugs that scatter the sky.

"Whatcha thinkin' 'bout?" He asks, adjusting his cowboy hat as the sun starts setting.

"College." You say, your eyes trained on his face. "Can I ask you somethin'?"

"Anything."

"Are you still a virgin?"

He's taken aback from your question.

Sex isn't a very common subject for you two to talk about but it's never been an awkward conversation.

"Yeah." He admits, looking down at the flat rock he's running his fingers over. "You?"

"Yeah." You nod.

You look each other at the same time with the same soft blush that's highlighted by the sinking sun.

"Since- Since we're going off to college next month, what if we... y'know...?" You suggest, picking up a rock to toss into the lake.

"With me?"

"Yeah. You're the only person I trust with my whole heart." You admit. "We don't gotta. I just- I just didn't wanna be some dorky-"

Dustin grasps your chin and kisses you. You're startled at first, your hand on the back of his arm but then you melt against him. He gently pushes you back against the dirt of the lakeshore, lips never separating.

By the time the fireworks start going off, the bright colors glowering down on the two teenagers consummating right there by the Cumberland Lake.