Love Like That - Chase Matthew

You sigh as you tuck a stray strand of hair behind your ear and out of your face. You look up to see a cute boy and his friends sit down at a table in your section.

"How're y'all doin' tonight?" You ask in a fake friendly voice, your tone doesn't match your tired eyes and it's noticeable.

"Good, ma'am. How're you doin'?" The one with hand and neck tattoos replies when he notices his friend blushing and speechless.

"I'm doin good." You smile back. "Can I start yall off with somethin' to drink?"

"Uh, I'll just have a sweet tea."

"I'll have- I'll have a beer- Miller Light please."

"You got it." You send him a smile then go put their orders in.

You glance over your shoulder when you hear a slight cackle coming from the two and a small smile forms on your lips.

The second guy, the one with glasses, is blushing as he scolds his friend but his words die on his lips when you approach their table again with their drinks.

They order their food and turn to a real conversation.

You make your rounds to your tables but the boys stop you. "That's a tennessee accent right?"

"Yessir. Nashville born and raised." You reply. "But I'm here until August."

"Where ya goin'?"

"Back to college. I'm a senior at WKU."

"What're there for?"

"Mechanical engineering."

"Shit. That's pretty cool."

"Yeah. I really wanna work on farm equipment."

The one with hand tattoos chuckles. "Well damn, I wasn't expecting that."

"What we're you expecting?" You ask, a hand on your hip.

"I dunno, nursing or teaching something like that."

"Oh, yeah, no. That's not my style." You glance around. "How're yall doin' checks?"

"Separate."

"I'll be right back." You say, your gaze lingering on the one with glasses.

He's cute.

Kind of.

Totally different style than the guys you usually go after but you haven't had much luck with them.

Maybe it's time for a change.

You glance over your shoulder as you print out their checks and smile to yourself. You write your number down on one of the bills and take a deep breath before dropping them off.

"Have a good one." The one with the tattoos says with a knowing smirk as he walks past you.

"See ya later." The one with glasses smiles, shooting a cocky wink back to you.

You blush as you start clearing off their table, stopping when you see something scribbled on the bill.

It's his name and number.