Still Goin' Down - Morgan Wallen

Requested

You cough hard as you elbow the door to your house shut, immediately dropping your purse, keys and jacket to the floor.

Your work sent you home early after finding out you had a fever.

Pansy ass fucking rules.

You felt fine. You could still work.

You groan as you strip out of your work clothes and down to a pair of underwear before pulling on your boyfriend's t-shirt. You shiver then climb under your sheets, curling up into a tight ball.

+++

What time is it?

What day is it?

You groan as you unearth your head from under your sheets and pillows, your sweaty brows furrowing at the sight of a brown leather wallet and phone on the opposite nightstand.

You groan again as you sit up, your head throbbing and your body aching. You go to reach for your phone but it isn't on the mattress where you left it, it's been magically plugged in on your nightstand.

You suddenly sneeze, making your head throb even more and you whine at the pain before flopping back into bed.

"Mornin' sunshine!" Your boyfriend chirps.

You open your eye slightly to see the love of your life with a dopey fucking smile on his face and a cute little tray in his hands.

Morgan helps you into a sitting position and slides a pillow behind you to keep you comfortable.

"What time is it?" You ask with a painfully raspy voice.

"It's ten in the morning." He replies, fixing the sheets before setting the tray on your lap. "I, uh, made you some breakfast like you always do for me when I'm sick." He admits bashfully, sitting on the side of the bed next to you.

Tears form in your eyes. "You are such a softy." You tease, scrunching your cherry red nose at him before digging into the full tray of breakfast made with love in front of you.

"Don't kiss me! I don't wanna get you sick." You scold, turning away when he leans in.

"It's just a kiss. I'll be fine." He gently grasps your chin and kisses you sweetly, gently, like you're so delicate and could shatter at any second.

As soon as he pulls back, you sneeze. "Sorry." You mumble, blowing your nose.

"Just eat then get some more rest, baby, okay?" He says softly, running his fingers through your tangled hair and over your flushed cheek. "I'll be here when you wake up."

You nod in response as you pick apart a piece of toast. You aren't that hungry so you eat as much as you want then set the tray on Morgan's side of the bed before curling back up with the smallest smile on your chapped lips, drifting off into a deep sleep.

+++

"Morgan, honey, why're you still in bed?" You ask when you see a boyfriend shaped lump in your sheets a couple days later. You just got home from work and were met with the fact that Morgan didn't go in.

You gently peel the sheets back from his face to see rosy cheeks and a red nose. "Are you feeling okay?" He groans and shakes his head.

You smile to yourself as you get a little snack prepared for him along with some medication and orange juice. "Here." You say softly as he sits up. "Take this and eat then get some sleep." You push his long brown hair from his face. "I'll be here when you wake up."