Days That End In Why - Morgan Wallen

You laugh as Zach spins you around in a small circle while your boyfriend performs his cover of Cover Me Up. You had inspired him to record it one day and he just ran with it.

Morgan glances off to the side stage at you, his jaw clenching at the sight of you dancing with another man- one you told him not to worry about.

Zach Bryan has been opening for Morgan for the past month or so and since meeting him, you two just hit it off right away. He's the male version of yourself and it's nice to connect with someone on levels deeper than you even knew about.

Morgan doesn't like him but he'll be damned if he lets you know that.

This isn't the first time he's seen you two get close but it sure as hell will be the last time.

As the song ends, Morgan picks up his guitar and gets situated at the mic stand.

"Okay y'all this is a song I wrote for the love of my life," He breathes, taking a sip of the beer close by. "(Y/N)."

You look up and lock eyes with Morgan, matching his smile.

In that moment, Morgan feels better.

+++

"You just stay away from (Y/N), alright!? Consider this a fuckin' warning!" Morgan shouts at Zach in the parking lot backing tonights venue. He saw the way he was looking at you- the same way he looks at you and that was it.

Morgan is in Zach's face but he isn't backing away. He's just smoking his cigarette as empty threats are being spewed at him. You had told him- you confide in Zach about literally everything and he's happy to listen.

He is also very aware that you're with Morgan and has no intention on changing that.

Zach just lets him yell, lets him get everything off his chest.

"Oh hey (Y/N)." He says when he sees you join them.

"Hey baby." Morgan cuts himself off, greeting you with a kiss to the cheek.

"What're y'all talkin' about?"

"Just the tour. Right, Zach?"

"Yessir." He nods, stubbing out his cigarette before dropping it in the nearby ash tray. "I gotta get going for soundcheck." He excuses himself and heads back into the venue.

"You okay?" You ask when you see Morgan's clenched jaw.

"I don't like him."

"Why?"

"I don't like the way he looks at you."

You pull a face. "What's that supposed to mean, Morgan?"

"I don't trust him around you."

You scoff. "What? You know he has a girlfriend, right?"

"That doesn't matter, obviously, when he's feeling you up and spinning you around."

"Feeling me up? You mean the hug he gave me after I told him about the time my dog died? Morgan, you've got to stop hating every single man I talk to. How long have we been dating?"

"Like three years."

"Exactly. Three years. I love you Morgan and only you so quit being a little bitch and grow the fuck up." Yes, it sounds harsh to say that but bluntness is the only way to get it through his damn thick skull.

"I love you too, (Y/N)."