Cover Me Up - Morgan Wallen

Part Two to 7 Summers

Requested

It's been a couple years since you and Morgan moved to Nashville and it's been great. He and your child have been inseparable ever since and it's super cute.

You've been working on a college degree slowly but surely and your little boy has been keeping you on your toes.

He is for sure his father's son.

You've thought about getting one of those backpacks with a leash because he is always getting into something but he's a toddler, he needs to explore.

"Ty- Tyler- come here." You say in a stern, hushed voice that he immediately listens to.

You pick him up and pop him on your hip, heading down the hallway of Morgan's work.

"Hey, (Y/N)!" A bigger blonde guy, Ernest, says.

"Hey Ern." You grin back.

Tyler squirms around as he reaches out for his uncle Ern who takes him from you and pops him on his hip as well.

"Where's Morgan?" You ask, adjusting your baggy t-shirt and jeans.

"He's in a meeting right now but," He checks his watch. "Should be done by now."

"Babe!"

You turn on your heel and smile at your boyfriend. "Hey." He kisses you sweetly then tussles your boy's soft brown hair.

Ernest passes his kin to him then leaves the young couple alone.

"C'mon." He takes your hand and leads you out the main door and down the street to a restaurant.

Once you get seated and Tyler in his booster seat, Morgan reaches over and takes your hand.

"I missed you." He says, brushing his thumb across the back of your hand.

"I missed you too." You grin back. "What was your meeting about?"

"A tour."

"A tour?"

He nods. "Yeah. A couple month long tour."

"When?"

"It would start in July until September."

You graduate in August plus you've got this kid who is a handful. How are you going to handle this?

"Hey." He pulls you from your thoughts. "I told him I'd think about it since you graduate in a couple months and Tyler's in his terrible twos."

You shake your head. "You should do this."

"But I can't when-"

"Morgan, I thought we talked about this. I told you that you were not going to let us hold you back."

"Hold you back?" Morgan's face drops. "You're my family. I want to do this but I want to discuss this with my family. I can do a tour but ask for certain days off so I can be home for your graduation."

"Morgan-"

"And what if you come with me?"

"With you? On tour?"

"Yeah."

"Who'd watch Ty?"

"Us. Let's do this."

You grin. "Three months with the love of my life and our baby boy? Seeing the states? Hell yeah!"

Morgan beams. "We'll be home for your graduation, okay? The bus'll have WiFi so you can do your work while we're on the road."

"Morgan, I love you."

"I love you too." He smiles back, running his hand over the top of your son's head.

+++

You just graduated college!

Morgan passes your son off to his mother as you race toward him, leaping into his arms. "I am so goddamn proud of you, (Y/N)." He says, spinning you.

Tyler squeaks as he reaches out for you, squirming in his mamaw's arms.

Leslie takes a picture of you three with the biggest smile on her face.

Ever since Morgan knocked you up, Tommy and Leslie have been closer to you than your own parents.

You set Tyler on his feet you slip your cap and gown off, your eyes trailing up Morgan from his boots to the tie around his neck.

You wrap his tie in a fist and pull him in for a kiss.

"We gotta pack for tour, huh?"