Man Like Me - Riley Green

"I swear he did this on purpose!" You huff as you shove clothes into a bag. "Non refundable  tickets to Costa Rica! We split it so I have to go."

"But you broke up with him." Your best friend points out, fidgeting with your belt. "It seems weird."

"Oh, it is but it was like $700 for my half and if I don't go then I just wasted that money."

"But you don't have to go together together."

"House, flight, literally everything was booked together."

"Well that sucks." She says. "Good luck."

"Thanks. I'm gonna need it." You roll your eyes as you zip up the bag. "He should be here in twenty minutes. Can you keep an eye out? I'm gonna shower."

+++

Two ex's going on a somewhat romantic trip together, it's rough.

You can't have a conversation without fighting or yelling at each other but that'll hopefully change.

Right now, you're at a bar and you've had more than you can count but it's fine because you're not driving anywhere and Riley still keeps an eye on you.

He's watching you dance with a stranger who is starting to get handsy. You keep moving his hands back to your waist but he obviously has other plans.

Riley watches him make a move one more time before getting to his feet.

"Who's this?" The guy asks, practically craning his neck to look up at him.

"Her boyfriend."

You furrow your brows at Riley but just go with it because of how uncomfortable this guy is making you feel.

Of course he's going to look out for you, you dated for years and fuck, he's still in love with you.

The guy swings at Riley and he dodges the fist thrown his way. Riley stumbles but hits him back, effectively knocking him to the floor.

Somehow you make your way between them to break them up, keeping Riley behind you.

You grab his arm when the guy gives you a dirty look. He glares at Riley before walking away.

Riley says nothing as he returns to his seat at the bar while you silently join him. You hold a cold rag to his bloody nose, stopping the gushing while he winces slightly behind the pressure.

"Thanks." You say quietly, checking to see if the bleeding stopped.

He nods back, running his thumb over the label of the beer he's drinking to distract himself.

You watch his arms and your belly heats up. This man is still so fucking attractive.

"So, you- do you wanna get outta here?" You boldly ask, your hand now resting on his forearm.

He freezes for a second before looking up at you. "Huh?"

"C'mon." You take his hand and lead him outside and across the street to the house you've been staying in.

As soon as the bedroom door is closed, you're pushed back against it, lips on yours like there was never a break up between you.

Yep, this vacation was definitely a good idea.