Something To Talk About - Koe Wetzel

"What about that guy?" Your friend asks, pointing at a bigger guy shooting pool with a cue in one hand and a beer bottle and cigarette in the other.

"The one with the beard?"

"Yeah! You've always had a thing for beards, don't act like you don't."

You roll your eyes then turn to the bartender for another shot of liquid courage. You knock it back then turn around, jumping when you see someone behind you.

"Hi." You smile as the guy you were just eyeballing sits next to you.

"Hi." He replies, matching your smile. "Saw you lookin' at me."

"Oh." You chuckle shyly. "Couldn't help myself, y'know."

He laughs. "I was gonna offer to buy you a drink anyways. What're you drinkin'?"

"Oh, just Jack Honey."

"Straight?" You nod. "Cool."

He orders a drink for you and another beer for himself then you two almost immediately hit it off.

+++

You laugh as your shaky legs land on numb feet. The guy grabs your upper arm to steady you. "I just want you to know I don't just sleep with strangers." You state, adjusting your dress straps.

He says nothing as he nods. "That's fine." He checks his phone then huffs. "I gotta go."

"What? I mean- sure, yeah."

He looks your face over and smiles. "I gotta be up early and it's already two in the morning. I wasn't supposed to be out this late."

You chuckle. "Sounds like you gotta curfew."

"Nah, just plans early in the morning." You chuckle again. "You're not from here."

"I'm not."

"What're you doing here then?"

"Oh, it's my friends birthday tomorrow so we're going to some concert. I think it was like some Corey or Conner or Cody name I dont remember."

"Where at?"

"Uh Granada downtown."

He gives you a smirk. "We'll maybe I'll see you there."

"You're going?" He nods. "We'll we're gonna be at the front so come find me."

"I will, darlin'. I will."

He kisses your cheek sweetly then walks toward a van parked off to the side. You watch him walk away then catch up with your friend out front of the bar where she's smoking a cigarette.

"You get lucky?"

"Yeah." You laugh. "I did."

+++

You and your best friend are making your way up to the barricade. You keep looking around for the guy from last night but no luck finding him yet.

You give up looking when the lights go down.

Your jaw drops at the sight of the band's frontman.

The guy you hooked up with last night.

That guy you flirted with last night.

No way.

No fucking way.

He laughs at the look on your face and shoots you a wink that has you turning red.

You slept with Koe Wetzel.

You slept with Koe and you had no idea.

Wow.