Chapter Three: The Black Witch

Ares's POV

We went downstairs with some of the guards following me.

My parents had already given me the throne when I was eighteen. They felt guilt after that day. Now it was not useful as it could not bring her back. I hated them for everything they have done. They didn't care for the both of us. It was only the throne for them.

We reached the top of the stairs to the ball room.

I was wearing a silver shirt with a black coat over it, matching it off with black pants. I had also had a sliver shawl lapel with diamonds in it. The coat had a lining of silver embroidered in it. My small dagger was attached to my waist, unseen to the others, hidden in my coat.

We walked down the steps and into the ball room where all the guests were already present.

"Presenting His Highness, Alpha King Ares Darvyn William. " I heard my head guard, Zarek say loudly.

"Let the ball begin. " I said, my face stern.

Everyone started mingling again.

The ball room was designed beautifully, with chandeliers hanging from the ceiling and beautiful lights, lighted everywhere in the room. Chairs and tables were arranged at one corner of the room, with names of different packs. And some people were started dancing in the center of the room.

There were many people here from all over the world. Alpha's, Luna's, Beta's and Gamma's and even unmated females from everywhere.

But she was not here. I tried searching for her but failed. I know that it was not easy to find your mate. You have to have skin to skin touch and that's what would ignite the bond. I sighed inwardly.

I was now hundred and fifteen years old but still hadn't found her. I should probably give up. It's useless. I think she is either not born or she is already dead.

I could hear Aspen grumbling in my head and whining.

But this is our fate I guess. We had no chance at happiness. The gods must really hate us.

I tried to concentrate on the people infront of me but failed again.

I joined the other Alpha's and their Beta's, with Charles behind me. Lyn had already gone somewhere.

While talking with the other Alphas, I heard someone call me. I turned around and found Esmeralda standing close to me.

"What is it?" I asked after excusing myself from the others.

She pulled me with her to the side of the room. She had grown close to us after her death. She was another person with whom I talked, after Charles and Lyn.

"You will be meeting her in a few months. " Esme said excitedly.

"Meet whom? " I asked confused.

"Your mate duh. " She said rolling her eyes.

"But I don't want to meet her. " I said and tried walking away but couldn't move my feet. Damn Witch. I thought rolling my eyes.

"Let me give you some advice. Do not disrespect her at any cost. Do not question her. She may seem innocent but she is far from it. Do not make her sad. If you do so then it will create a problem not known to mankind. And lastly Do not reject her. " Esme said seriously. I looked at her confused.

"What did you see Esme? " I asked. Esmeralda was an ancient witch even though she looked not a day older than twenty five. But she must be atleast a thousand years old. She had the power to see the future. It was just a type of vision.