Chapter Twenty six: Cassius Atticus

Ares's POV

I was working in my office, when I heard a loud knock on my window.

Yes, on the window!

I sighed and looked behind, to find Cassius hovering and making funny faces at me. I stood up and opened the window, when he flew inside, with a smirk on his face.

“What are you doing here?” I asked, sitting on my chair.

“Good to see you too, my dear Ares. ” He said sarcastically.

“Shut up and answer me. What are you doing here?” I asked again, annoyed with this brat already.

“A little birdie told me that you are hosting a ball. And could you believe it? I didn't receive an invitation. ” He blabbered, parking his ass on the chair infront of my table.

Of course, if I don't send an invitation, how will you recieve it?

I thought, but didn't dare say it loudly.

“Oh my god. So that's the reason, why I was the only Royal who didn't get an invitation for the famous ball, King Ares is hosting. And now look at this! He didn't even send me an invite. How rude! ” He spoke again, as if there was someone else other than us in the room.

I seriously feel like banging my head against the wall.

“Don't do that, my dear love. You will injure yourself and then I would have to call the healer to heal you and that's a hazzle.”

“Stop listening to my thoughts, you fool. And get out of my office.” I said, exasperated.

“I am so glad that I have you as my love, darling. I couldn't have anyone else other than you, as my one and only.” He said, and suddenly, placed a sloppy kiss on my cheeks.

I pushed him off and scrubbed my cheeks roughly.

“You stupid fairy. How dare you? ” I screamed. No one annoyed me as much as him, and he probably had lots of fun, disturbing me.

The door burst open and Esme along with Lynorr and Charles, came in with wide eyes, ready to fight anyone.

“What happened, Ares?” Lyn asked, and then turned around, only to see Cassius standing beside me with a stupid grin on his face.

“Lyn.” He said, dramatically and ran towards her hugging her tightly. “I missed you.”

“I missed you too, my little boy. ” She said, smiling.

“Little? He is the same age as me. ” I said, horrified. He just smirked and hugged Esme.

“Stop being jealous, Ares. ” Esme said.

“Me? And jealous of him? Of course. I would be jealous of the the only dumb fool in this world.” I grumbled and sat back on my chair, while the four of them had their own reunion, in my own office, forgetting all about me.

“Why were you screaming, by the way? ” Charles asked curiously. I glared at Cassius, making him snicker.

“He kissed my cheeks. ”

“That's it? And you were shouting for the whole kingdom to hear ?”

I rolled my eyes. Of course, all of them would gang on me.

I stood up from the chair and walked out, slamming the door shut, leaving the rest of them to continue their reunion.

I walked out of the palace, and shifted into my wolf, giving him full control of our body.

Aspen ran across the ground, and towards the forest. We blended in with the dark hues of the forest. The small rays of the setting sun, peeped from the gap between the trees and leaves.

It was already seven in the evening and soon guests would start arriving.

I shifted back and sat down next to the lake and looked at my reflection. My obsidian hair fell on my forehead. A bead of sweat dripped down my cheeks and onto the ground.

I smelt a different scent, along with the scrunch of the leaves, indicating the arrival of someone.

“I can't escape you, can I? ” I grumbled.

“Nope, darling. You are stuck with me, for eternity. ”

I just shook my head.

“How are things in your kingdom? Did Ryker cause trouble again?”

“You know him. He's mental.” Cassius said with a mischevious smile.

“Who are you calling mental? I am right here. ”

“Speak of the devil and he shall appear. Good to see you, Rykie.” I laughed out.

“Stop calling me that.” Ryker said, splashing water on my face.

“Hello, younger brother. I know you missed me a lot and hence you have come here to meet me, right? ” Cassius asked, with a hopeful expression, which was actually fake.

“Nope. Sorry to pop your bubble, but I am here for the amazing ladies. ” He said, twirling in the air and fluttering his wings.

“Alright stop it, you two. I came here to get peace. But the two of you, are ruining it.” I said, grumbling.

I sighed, when they didn't pay any heed to me, and kept on fighting with each other.

Powerful fairy kings, my foot. These two are the most immature royals I have ever seen.

But I am thankful to have the two of them as my friends rather than enemies.

I couldn't imagine having to fight with Cassius Atticus, the Fairy Royal, who is almost as powerful as a goddess.