Epilogue

Ares's POV

It had been a few weeks since Diana disappeared into the Earth.

I asked Artemis about her. But she just shook her head.

I didn't want to believe that she was dead.

I had waited for hundreds of years to have her. And just after two days of meeting Her, I did not want to accept the fact that she was no more.

She is a goddess right? How can she die?

I screamed in pain at night, feeling the loneliness haunt me.

I have been alone all these years, but after knowing that my mate was alive I had some hope and now all of it was crushed.

I walked through the Mystic forest. The goblins smiled at me sadly as I passed them.

I reached the spot which used to be ours, and sat down on the chair like stone. I left that loneliness haunt me again, and I looked at the clear water below my feet.

"What happened Ares? Why are you sulking like that? " I heard that smooth voice glide in the air.

I looked around, astonished.

"Diana, are you here? " I asked looking around, my eyes searching for her.

"I am always there, Ares. I have always been with you since you were eighteen. " She said and then I felt two soft hands wrap around my neck, and a body backhugging me.

I turned around, and there she was!

My mate, Diana.

"W-What, I mean how? " I stuttered, looking at her.

Those blue eyes stared at me with love.

"I never died, Ares. I was just pulled back to my home to restore my health. And now that I have regained my powers, I am perfectly fine. " She said with a smile.

My eyes filled with tears, and I clutched her like a child to it's mother, and cried my sorrow out, while she consoled me soothingly.

"Are you alright? I am sorry. But I couldn't tell you about it sooner."  she said, softly caressing my hair.

"It's ok. I just thought you were dead. And I couldn't help but feel lonely." i said, relishing at her touch .

I tilted my head up at her, and our eyes met, both of them filled with love and care for each other.

She leaned in and our lips touched in a soft caress. I let my hand wander over her back, moving up and down slowly. I pulled her into my lap and we continued to kiss, forgetting about everything in this world. It was just the two of us, and there was no one between us .

Finally after a few minutes, I leaned back, and looked at her flushed face. She looked so beautiful and etheral, just like the goddess she was!

"I missed you so much. " I whispered, my face in her neck.

"I missed you too, my king. " She said, kissing my cheeks softly.

"Don't leave me again. "

"Never."

•~•

We walked back to the castle after a few hours spent together.

I felt contented with my mate beside me.

After years of solitude I finally I had someone who I could call mine.

I smiled as she intertwined our fingers.

"I love you, Diana. " I said with a small smile on my face, as we reached the castle.

"I love you too. " She said, hugging me tightly.

"Didn't I tell you she will be back? " Artemis said, with a smirk. Cassius who was standing next to her, chuckled. Artemis had found out that Cassius was her mate after the war, and she lived with him in his castle in his kingdom.

I glared at them.

"Excuse me? You just shook your head and walked away. You never told me she was alive. "

"You should have known that she was alive. After all, she is your mate. "

We bickered with each other before Diana stopped us shaking her head and muttering to stop our silly fight.

All of us had a good reunion with Diana and we spent the day talking and laughing with each other.

•~•

We spent some days with each other, before I announced Diana's coronation.

We held it with great splendor and I called all the royalties from every kingdom.

I placed the crown on her head and kissed her forehead.

"I'm glad I have you as my mate, Diana. " I whispered, making her smile. "I love you. "

"I love you too, Ares."

With that I kissed her on the lips making the guests erupt into loud cheers and claps.

THE END

◌⑅⃝●♡⋆♡LOVE♡⋆♡●⑅⃝◌

A/N:

Yeah! This is it.

Not very proud but I'm gonna go with this and end it here.

This was not what I had actually planned but yeah!

And one more thing. It's not a romance book. It is a fantasy including goddesses. So there isn't much of romantic scenes or something.

So let's say goodbye to Diana and Ares here. 👋

I had started writing this book in 2021.
After two years I have finally completed it.

So thank you people who have kept reading this one and supported me throughout.

Thank you. And Goodbye.

31-05-2023

PS: I'll start updating my new fantasy-romance novel called The Lycan Awakening.
Please check it out and support me if you are interested.

💋