Chapter Twelve: Healing

Diana's POV

Soon we heard soft footsteps come down the stairs. All the girls came into the kitchen and stood in the middle of the room, looking amazed at all the food prepared.

“How did you both manage to prepare this large quantity of food? All the fifteen of us take five hours to prepare this much and you both have prepared it in half an hour. ” Kyla said astonished. Suddenly we heard loud sounds from the dining table. The members were here.

“Well, we can talk later. Aurora come with us to serve. You ladies can take rest over here, and eat the food. It's hidden in that cupboard and don't worry, anyone is not going to come here till you finish eating. ” Artemis said to everyone noticing their uneasiness.

The three of us walked out and started to serve everyone. This time, they took it quietly and didn't speak anything.

Aurora smiled at us softly. After serving everyone, we went back into the kitchen.

“How's the food? ” I asked smiling.

“It's the best I have ever had. How did you make this? ” Shannon asked still chewing her food.

“Well, That's a secret. ” I said whispering softly and winking at her. All of them laughed lightly.

Any one were not able to enter the kitchen until the girls had finished their lunch, it was due to Aurora's power, she made an invisible wall, which didn't allow anyone in.

I suddenly heard someone call my name, and I excused myself, and went out near the trees in the backyard of the packhouse.

I saw Esme standing there and watching the wolves train. No sooner did she see me, she stood up straight.

“Diana. The Prince is hosting another ball in two months. And he's going to invite all the females from all the packs and provinces. ” She said.

“He doesn't have any interest in finding his mate, does he? Why so suddenly?” I asked raising my eyebrow at her. I knew that this is the work of Esme.

She scratched her neck nervously and murmered, “I may or may not have told him to host this ball. ”

“Ugh... Alright. We will be solving this packs problem quickly. ” I groaned.

“Well, and you are his mate. ” She muttered again.

“I know that. ” I said smiling. Ares was my mate.

“How?” She asked shocked.

“Did you forget my ability to see other's mate? Well, I can see mine too. And I have seen him before. ” I said playing with my new ring.

“When did you see him? And why doesn't he know? ”

“I said I saw him. He didn't see me. And I saw him when he shifted for the first time. ”

“You were there, then. ” She said amazed.

“Yeah. I arrived there at the same time all of the royals entered the forest. I couldn't let them be killed, and hence held back all the creatures.” I said winking at her.

“Why couldn't I see you then? ” She asked again in confusion.

“I can only be seen, if I want to, Esme. You know that.” I said and leaned against a tree.

“I know. But there was no hint that you were also present. And that's why there were no creatures attacking us. I understand everything now. ” She said still in a daze about everything she got to know. “What about this pack? I could let Ares know something.” She added, looking at the training of the men.

“This pack is messed up. The Alpha, his mate, Beta and the members are cruel. They torture the poor girls. But the Gamma is better than them. I think he cares for pack members. ” I said thinking.

“Oh. What are you going to do? ”

“We will see. I have to think of some fitting punishment for this them. ”I said smiling. Esme chuckled.

“Well, I hope they don't get to see your anger. ”She said laughing.

“I don't get angry quickly, Esme. You know what happens if I get furious. ”

She nodded deep in thought, thinking about the last time, when I was angry. The disaster that it caused.

“I will be going now. Tell Ares about this pack.”

“I will. But you have to come to the ball. Let the poor boy meet his mate. ” She said winking.

“Hey, even I want to meet him. I have held back for a hundred years and that's a lot. Althea keeps whining about him.” I said chuckling.

Esme laughed and vanished into thin air. I walked back to the pack house.

I felt someone's stare at me and turned around to see Casey glaring at me. I looked at her for a second and then walked in.

Everyone had already started preparing the dinner and I joined them.

It was dark already and we had spent the whole evening preparing dinner for the pack. These girls had no other work than preparing food everyday. They didn't know the meaning of taking a rest.

Soon we finished preparing for the dinner and three girls started to serve the pack.

I stood in the corner looking at everything. I felt Aurora stand beside me.

“We will be healing them at night, right? ” She asked. I nodded. “I can't look at them, they can't move their hands and they are shaking due to the uncontrollable pain. ” She said sadly.

“Their pain will be over soon, Aurora. We will help them.” I said holding my hand on her shoulder.

She nodded and we stood silently. Suddenly I felt another presence.

“I am thinking something. ” She said.

“What is it? ” Artemis asked coming behind me.

“Why did you girls come to this pack? You could have left for the Royal moon and any other pack. ” She said frowning.

“Well, this one was the closest one to us, Shannon. ” Aurora said.

“Hmm... I have another question. Why do I feel safe in you three girl's presence. Whenever you are here, I feel content. I have no worries about any of my problems. ” She said in confusion.

“We might have some secret up our sleeves.” I said whispering and winking at her. She shook her head and stood next to us, watching the others eat.

“You will be given food tomorrow at lunch. Now all of you back to your rooms.” We heard the Beta say loudly to us.

The girls nodded silently and we walked up as soon as we finished washing all the dishes.

I nodded at Aurora after we reached our room and she whispered softly. Soon the atmosphere was filled with the smell of Calendula. It was a flower which was used to heal cuts, burns and wounds.

Aurora had the power to heal almost a whole pack together and one pack normally had three hundred members. And it depended on the packs sometimes. She could heal people with various flowers and other medicinal plants.

The room was now glowing yellow, brightening the whole place. Aurora's power was truly beautiful.

Soon, Artemis and Aurora jumped on the bed and both of them fell asleep. I sat near the window sill and looked out.

I felt the light magic still in the air. After some time, I got up and laid down on the bed.

I fell asleep soon after.

........................................................................

A/N:

How do you guys like this chapter?

Thoughts on Aurora's power?

Vote and comment.. 🙂