Chapter Thirty one : Confessions

Diana's POV

Everyone were still on the war ground, staring at me.

Artemis and Aurora joined me and stood on either side.

“I know all of you must be confused as to who we are? ” I said, looking at the people sitting on the grass, tired after the fight.

Ares was standing in front of me, at a distance. He had crossed his arms in front of his chest, and looked at us with a frown.

“I am the daughter of Hades and Pheresphone. Diana Phoenix Silvermoon. The Earth Goddess as you are familiar. ” I started.

His eyes widened, realization downing on him.

“This is my sister, Artemis. And Aurora is actually the lost princess of this kingdom whom I saved hundreds of years ago. ”

Ares stared at Aurora and me. But did not utter a word.

••
Flashback

The little girl was clutched by the monster as she screamed for help and finally closed her eyes.

I looked at them from my spot behind the trees.

“Don't you think it's time for us to help the girl? ” Artemis asked.

“Yes. She has so many things written that she cannot die yet. ” I smiled, and walked out.

Artemis hypnotized the ghoul, and I held the small girl in my arms. With my power, I called the reaper and he placed another body of a small girl, and I transferred the dress onto that girl.

Artemis took Zaria with her to our home while I stayed back because I knew people would soon storm in here.

Esmeralda was in the group, she couldn't sense me this time because I had clearly masked my presence.

I watched as my mate shifted into his wolf, killed the ghoul and broke down for his dead sister.

I couldn't do anything but just stare at the people until they walked back out.

I was helpless.

I couldn't help him get over his sadness.

Yet he managed to control himself.

I looked over him for some days seeing how he morphed into a wonderful king.

Flashback over

••

“Her fate was already written to live with the gods. And it had to happen. We took her in our care and brought her up. Father has also given her some powers as she is a half goddess with his blood in her. Now that she is the mate of the Royal Beta, she will continue to live on Earth with him.” I explained.

“What about you, Diana? ” He asked, narrowing his eyes at me.

I turned to him, only smiling.

“Answer me. Aren't you going to live here from now on? ” He asked walking closer to me.

I didn't reply.

“Say something, dammit. ” He growled.

“I can't. ” I whispered with a soft smile.

“What? ”

Artemis just huffed and looked away from us. Even Aurora was looking at her feet.

“What is going on? ”

My body started to shine and plants covered my feet, slowly pulling me down.

“I cannot actually live here with this body. These months here have been tough, Ares. I lost a lot of my powers over the months and I have grown weak. I had to hide some just to come here. ” I managed to say, as creepers started covering my body entirely.

His eyes grew wide.

“No no no. What is going on? I just met you. You cannot leave me alone like this. ” He said, with his eyes wide and tears filled in them.

Everyone were staring at us in shock and anguish.

“I Love You, Ares. Don't worry. I will always look out for all of you. ” I smiled. Tears flowed down his cheeks and he fell onto his knees.

“After all, I am The Earth Goddess.

Those were my last words as the plants pulled me into the ground and I vanished into the core of my earth.

........................................................................

A/N:

I just wrote this whole chapter right now.

My hands are hurting badly by typing so fast. 😭 And as I use my mobile it gets more difficult because of the small letters.

Anyways I hope you like this chapter and the plot.. Truth to be told it was a spontaneous idea. 😅(I never thought I would write it this way but here I am publishing it after writing 😛)

Comment what you think might happen next 👉

Please tell me whether you like it or not, While I go to my sweet bed that's been calling me for the past half an hour. 😜🙈😴

I'll edit and reread this chapter tomorrow. For now I'll be publishing this.

I think I'll end the book with one more chapter and then it will be the epilogue.

Until then please hold on to the book in your library. 😇Thank you for reading and bearing with my slow updates and rants.

We will meet in the next update which will be hopefully tomorrow
💋

01-05-2023