Chapter Twenty Eight: Mate

Ares's POV

I felt a change, suddenly. There was something different about today.

I walked along the grounds of the castle, looking at the groups of pack members walking around, looking at their surroundings.

I looked around, towards the entrance, where Charles and Louis were welcoming the packs.

It seemed they were doing good, and didn't need me, for the time being, so I turned around and walked towards the direction of the forest.

But what shocked me, was a girl who was also going in the same direction. I walked faster, and stopped her, by her shoulders. She turned around, confidently.

I looked at her bluish eyes, losing myself immediately.

Mate. Aspen whispered, just as shocked as myself. Both of us stared at her, in a daze.

I had found her after a hundred years. It was surprise for me, actually.

"Hi!" She said smiling.

"Hi. " My voice parched up. Just a glance at her, and I am dry as a desert.

"I am Diana. " She held out her hand. I looked at it for a second, and then clasped mine around it. Sparks travelled through my hands to my brain, making me realize yet again, that I had finally found my mate and was standing in front of her.

"Ares."

"I know. " She giggled. My heart just melted.

"What were you doing, going towards the forbidden forest? " I asked, as she looking away from me for a second.

"I was just wandering." She said, still not meeting my eyes.

I nodded, not believing her entirely.

"So, do you want to come in? It's going to rain in a few minutes." Just as I finished my words, it started thundering and drops of rain splattered all around, drenching both me and Diana, completely.

My white shirt clung to my body, the hair getting stuck to the wetness. Same was the case for her.

She looked at me from beneath her lashes. And dear god, did it make me lose control!

She looked so perfect, so beautiful, that I could just keep her locked up in my chambers for the rest of our life on earth.

I pulled her closer to me, so much that there was barely an inch of a gap between us. Her chest was mushed up against mine.

A drop of water fell on her forehead, slowly going down towards her luscious lips and then travelling further down, meeting her collar bone. A necklace was dangling on her slender neck, just highlighting more of her beauty.

There was a static pull between us, maybe the mate bond.

I took a hold over my head and started walking inside with Diana following just behind me.

We entered the darkly lit room, and she closed the door behind her.

I turned around, and looked at her once more. My heart filled with love and happiness.

I dipped my head and touched her lips with mine, softly. And it was just a piece of heaven that was handed to me, in the form of her enticing lips. The rest of heaven was my mate herself.

A pure work of art created by the gods themselves.

I stared at her, leaning back. She just looked so beautiful, I didn't have words to express her divine beauty.

"Why are you staring? " She asked cutely.

"Staring? At what? " I asked confused.

"A-At my stomach you were staring. " She stuttered cutely. I chuckled.

"Let me remind you. Your stomach will not be the only thing I will be staring at. There are so many places where I want to stare. For example, your pretty long legs, your creamy stomach, and your enticing blue eyes, small but cute nose, and your luscious lips which are, right now, begging me to kiss them, soft and hard, without letting you to breath." I said, whispering the last sentence in her ears, while she held on to my tunic tightly, as if she would fall, if she were to let go.

"S-Stop." She said, softly, as I chuckled at her shyness.

"My cute little mate. I am thankful for finding You. " I said kissing her forehead.

But she surprised me by pulling my head and smashing her lips against mine. Our lips moved like a perfect mould. I gently bit her lips, and licked it as she let out a moan, and tangled her hands in my hair.

After a few moments of a brief kiss, I leaned my head on her forehead, enjoying our closeness and embrace.

Suddenly, she stepped back and looked at me with a seriousness that shocked me for a second.

"Ares. There are some things that you should know. But not tonight. I want to meet you tomorrow before dawn at the Mystic forest. For now, I will take your leave. "

She said and just walked away, leaving me in a shocked state.

What the hell just happened?

Did my mate just back out from spending time with me? And how did she know about the Mystic Forest?

"We will know about it tomorrow. Don't worry. " Aspen grumbled.

He too looked like a starved puppy, right now.

"Shut up, dumb human. "

I let out a laugh and dropped myself on the bed, soon dozing off and dreaming about my amazing mate.

A/N:

Hello guys.

I'm so happy today that I could finally write a new chapter after months of not writing this book.. 

I still don't know when I'll update the next one..  But I will start writing it right now ♥

Until then,
See you
💋