Chapter Eighteen: Letters

Ares's POV

I woke up early today, due to another nightmare and I was drenched in sweat. I got up and went to bath.

After five hours, it was now 10.00 AM and I was sitting in my office when I suddenly got an idea.

I turned to Charles and Louis who were sitting on the couch.

"I have an idea. " I told them excitedly.

"What is it? " Both of them asked in unison.

"We ask Esmeralda for the name of our mates pack. And then we could actually see them or talk to them before the ball. "

"But how will Esme know which is our mates pack? " Charles asked frowning.

"You dumbo. She is the most powerful witch. She knows everything. " Louis said smacking Charles head.

"Damn right you are, Louis. " We heard her voice and all of us turned towards the window sill, where she was seated. "I know the name of your mates pack. "

"Please tell us. " We asked her while she shook her head.

"No. I want all of you to meet them only on the day of the ball. But maybe I could suggest a plan to talk to them. " She said thinking and placing her hand on her chin.

She suddenly started smiling looking at a distance. I looked at her confused.

"Alright, so you can talk to your mates only through letters. I will deliver it myself so you needn't worry. "

"But what will you tell them when they ask about the letters?" Charles asked.

"I will tell them, that their mates knew them already. But you will be meeting them on the day of the ball. " We nodded.

Letters. I grinned and quickly took out a paper and my quill and started writing. The other two also began to write, while the witch looked at us, in amusement.

After sometime, I finished my letter and handed it over to Esme, who put it carefully in her cloak. The other guys also gave her, their letters.

"Alright boys. I will give them safely to your lovers. " She said winking and vanished.

We laughed at her words and continued our work again.

________________

Diana's POV

We were now sitting in the living room. All the people had finished their breakfast and were hanging around. Artemis recieved another round of lashes yesterday along with the two of us. But we healed ourselves already.

It seemed as if the pack hardly cared for the Royal orders. This pack is in more trouble than anyone.

Firstly, they disrespect and torture omegas, secondly, they don't follow the royal orders. I sighed. Now there was nothing stopping this pack from being annihilated.

"What are you thinking about? " Shannon asked. She had grown closer to us these days and the four of us were always together.

She was a sweet girl, but she could be furious when someone doesn't respect her. And she was also the daughter of the Gamma of the pack. She was the sister of Sirius. But as she hadn't shifted when she was sixteen, they demoted her to an omega.

"Nothing. Just life. " I said looking out the window.

"This is not the life meant to be lead. All we think about is the food to be prepared next. " She said sighing. "You know, one day I will run away and never come back. I will also report to the royal pack. " She added firmly.