Chapter Sixteen: Grasping the situation

Ares's POV

I sat in the place at the edge of the bed without moving.

I couldn't take my mind off her. Her eyes, god, I still remember the liveliness in her eyes, her happiness and her carefree nature as if she had everything she wanted, and had no worries.

How I wish I could be like her. Aspen grumbled in agreement.

“I still don't understand how she sent us directly from the forest to our room in the castle from so far. ” He said still muttering about her.

“Well, that's what I am trying to think, you idiot. ” I said tired of him.

“How can you be tired of me?  Everyone would wish for me to be their wolf. And you, you are so ungrateful. ” He grumbled again. “I think only Althea likes me in this whole world. Not even you like me. ”

“Who is Althea?” I asked surprised. I didn't know any girl by that name and I hadn't met anyone.

“She is our mate's wolf. I just talked to her while we were blinded by the light. She said she will meet us soon. But what I didn't understand was, how did she speak to me? ” He asked still dreaming about her.

“Did she tell our mate's name?” I asked, excited to know her. I know, on the outside I act like I don't want a mate, but in reality I can't wait to meet her. I hope she's like Phoenix. Charming, kind and beautiful...

“Ahem... you can come out of your dreamland, my stupid human soul. And to answer your question, Althea didn't disclose mate's name. But there's something mysterious about her. ” He said.

I was brought back from my talk when the door opened, my maid coming in. She looked surprised seeing me.

I got up and stood in front of her.

“Alpha, I didn't know you had arrived. Beta Charles said that you will be coming back later. I will leave-” She began rambling.

“It's not an issue. You can do your work. I will leave now. ” I said and walked out, still thinking about the blue eyed beauty.

I went to my office and sat down, doing my work. Suddenly the door burst open and the two idiots I call friends, came in.

“Ares, we didn't know you came back. You could have told us. It's so dark, we thought you would have been lost. ” Charles rambled. He was cut off by Louis smacking his head.

“You stupid, wolves don't get lost. And he's an Alpha King. They don't go missing.” Louis said and smacked Charles head again.

“Ouch! Will you stop smacking my head?” Charles groaned rubbing his head.

“Nope. And Ares, we are going to start the training from tomorrow. Is that alright? ” Louis asked.

“Alright... ” I said and suddenly I had a brilliant idea. “Louis inform all the packs to start training. From Alphas to omegas everyone should be trained. No excuses. ” I said while nodded.

I thought about my mate training and getting stronger. I felt excited.

“Oh my god. Ares Darvyn William is SMILING. ” Charles screamed loudly.

“What the hell, Charles? Don't scream like that. ” I said rubbing my ears.

“Oh my... I can't believe this. ” Louis said crying and both of them hugged me. I looked at them confused. What the hell is going on?

“You are smiling after so many years. It makes me happy to see that. ” Charles said crying onto my shoulders.

“Ugh... Alright guys, you can let me go now. ” I said awkwardly.

“What happened to you? I mean I am happy to know that you are showing emotions, but how? ” Louis asked sitting down infront of my desk.

“I met this wonderful woman, who helped me.” I said smiling. They both had cunning smiles on their faces. “Nope. It's not like that. I just went to the mystical forest and met her. ”

“The Goddesses forest? ” Louis asked astonished. I nodded.

“She spoke to me for quite a long time. Now guys don't disturb me. I have to finish this work soon. ”

They nodded still in a daze and started to walk towards the door.

“Oh, and she told me that, the three girls are together in the same pack. ” I said smiling again.

“Umm.. Three girls? ” Both of them asked in confusion.

“Our mates. ” They both looked shocked at first and then they screamed in joy.

“Oh my god. Wait a minute, how did she know that our mates are together? ” Charles asked thinking.

I hummed silently, thinking again.

Slowly all the pieces started to connect. I abruptly stood from my chair in shock.

“Ares, you look like you have seen a ghost. What happened? ” Louis asked.

I looked at him blankly.

“I just met a goddess. ” I said still grasping the situation. Both of them looked at each other and then looked at me, waiting for me to explain. So I started to explain everything including the meeting with Esme and Phoenix.

After finishing my story, they looked at me in shock from their seats on the couch.

“You definetly met a goddess. Or else, how did she manage to send you back to your room, and to tell you about our mates?” Charles said.

“Ares, this is so exciting. I can't believe this.” Louis said jumping like a kid. “Wait. Her name, what was her name? ” He asked suddenly.

“Phoenix. She told me to call her Phoenix. ” I said not understanding him.

“Oh my goddess. ” He screamed loudly as soon as I told him her name. “You don't understand. You met her. ”

“Met whom? ” Charles asked confused.

“The Earth Goddess. Diana Phoenix Silvermoon. ” He said jumping from excitement.

I sat back on my chair unable to believe the happenings of the evening.

“She looked so beautiful in her white dress and she also had a flower crown on her head. And her face was blurred, making it difficult to see her face. ” I told them. That's why she said that I will feel happy after telling her about my problems.

I don't understand whether this is a good sign or bad.

The goddess doesn't appear infront of everyone. Only a few have seen her, and just some have seen her actual face. She didn't show me her face, but it was alright.

I just met the Earth Goddess.

........................................................................

A/N:

My exams are done, so I will be updating another chapter today 😇

How did you guys like this chapter?

And thoughts on Ares reaction?

Vote and comment.. 🙂🙂