Chapter Six: Shopping

Diana's POV

We reached the capital city by teleporting ourselves to the closest forest to it.

It was a beautiful city. Merchants, traders, were all in the market selling their goods to the citizens. Even though it was mostly a werewolf kingdom, different species lived here.

People were buying their daily necessities. They were actually happy, unlike the last time I arrived here.

I smiled happily seeing all of them. Suddenly, there was a swift breeze which ruffled my hair and dress. I laughed softly.

As soon as I smiled, the citizens looked around searching for something. I laughed again. It was such a beautiful feeling. I could feel the grass tickling my bare feet.  Everything around me was happy.

We started walking to the center of the town. I suddenly saw a small girl standing near a man and crying. I went towards her and she looked at me, with tears in her eyes. I crouched down to her height.

“Hey. Why are you crying? ” I asked in a soft voice, so as to not scare her. She opened her mouth to speak but was cut off by the man standing next to her.

“She is lost. And we are unable to find her parents. ” He said looking at me.

“Let me take her back to her mom. ” I said smiling. I was truly happy to be here. This is my land. My Earth.

“How can I believe that you will take her to her parents? ” He said raising an eyebrow.

“You always believe me, then why can't you believe me now? ” I said smiling softly at him.

“What are you speaking about? Did you lose your mind?  I haven't seen you in my three hundred years of life.” He said raising his voice.

“Even if you haven't seen me, I know you. Trying to kidnap a little girl, aren't you? ” I said, the smile still not leaving from my face. He looked at me with wide eyes.

He was doing a pretty good work at making others believe that he was helping the girl. But nothing goes beyond my eyes. In reality, he was taking her, to sell her to some guy.

Now, there was a crowd gathering around us. They were all whispering.

I looked at the girl who had tears flowing down her cute cheeks. I nodded at her and smiled. She ran and stood behind me, clutching my dress tightly in her little hands.

Artemis and Aurora looked at me with a smile and I smiled back at them. And they came towards me and stood next to the girl. Emeralda was looking at us smiling and shaking her head. I laughed softly at her.

“W-What? I did no such thing. I was helping her. ” He said stuttering. He looked absolutely scared. That meant that he was actually about to sell her.

Being scared is what gives away everything.

“Well, you can't lie to me. ”

Suddenly there was a commotion near us and I looked towards the sound.

Meanwhile, the man tried to escape, taking the advantage of the distraction. Esme used her powers to stop the man.

The man was frozen in place,  unable to move. He looked at us, shocked. I released a little of my Aura and he widened his eyes at me. I smiled at him again and he looked so scared that he could fall unconsious right there.

“I-I a-am... ” He tried to speak but was stopped by a new voice. This voice had authority in it, which made all the people here, bow down. The three of us also tried to bow by looking down.