Chapter Ten: Cruel Pack

Diana's POV

I woke up from the bed the next morning. And the first thing I felt was about the things taking place today.

“Do you both feel that? ” Artemis asked and we nodded. “Something is going to happen today. ” She said sighing.

I just looked out of the window, seeing the trees happily chatter together.

“Diana, play with us. ” They said in unison. The trees also has a habit of speaking in unison, always.

“Well guys, I can't be playing today. We are here to help this pack. ” I said smiling. They groaned and started to chatter again. I clicked my fingers, mumbling softly.

Soon the sky was covered with dark clouds and thunder and lightning struck. It started raining heavily and the trees began laughing and shaking their branches.

“Happy now? ” I asked smiling.

“Thank you. ” I nodded and walked to the washroom.

“You made it rain, didn't you? Well it's good. The pond and lakes have been drying up and the animals were asking me to make it rain. But you know my reason. ” Artemis said sadly looking outside.

“Hey, don't worry sister. Your powers will be enhanced soon. And don't hesitate to ask me anything.” I said hugging her tightly to my chest. I know how sad this girl gets.

Due to not having her powers to the full extent, she felt weak. But she was nowhere near weak, she could take down this pack entirely. She had that power, but her full powers would make her invincible, just like all the goddesses including me.

After consoling her, we showered and dressed up, ready for another day here.

We walked down seeing the girls already here. The trees were bending to the wind. I could still hear them laughing. The lightening and thunder were filling up the sky, the fresh smell of the mud filled my nostrils.

I started making the breakfast with the girls, and after making it, we placed them at the front where the pack members would be served.

I stood there with Artemis and another girl, Liya.

We started serving everyone while listening to their bickering and insults at us.

“What is this food? Eww... It tastes so bad. ” One girl said screaming and splashed it at my face. I could feel everyone's eyes on us, while Artemis and Aurora were boiling with anger. Even the branches of the trees were banging loudly to the windows and some of the windows shattered due to the force. The pieces of the glass flew and struck some pack members. They looked at the trees with fear.

I stood still, smiling at her. “I am sorry, but we have tried to make it as tasty as possible. ” I could hear Artemis sighing slowly and grumbling something about me smiling all the time.

“Why the hell are you smiling, omega?” The girl screamed and pushed me, but that didn't move me from my place.

Suddenly the Beta came in, with power oozing out of him. He looked angry.

“What is going on here? ” He asked angrily.

“Beta Weston, these lowly omegas don't even know to cook and they give us stale foods. ”Another man spoke.

“Listen here, you piece of shit. We don't provide you with stale foods. And we cook better than any of you here. And don't act all high and mighty. If you don't want the food, just leave and prepare Your Own food.” Artemis said gritting her teeth. Her words held power and the people looked shocked at her, for her outburst.

I saw Aurora smacking her hands to her face and shaking her head, smiling. I was also controlling my laugh at this girls words.

For a few seconds everyone looked shocked and stood silently looking at Artemis. Suddenly Weston started shouting.

“Who do you think you are, speaking to the others like that, huh?  You are just a filthy omega and you don't give back answers to us. Understand? Now as a punishment all of you will meet me in the room after an hour. ” He said smirking devilishly at the end.

The girls looked pale and scared and some had tears in their eyes. They nodded and went back to the kitchen. We followed them.

Everything was silent for a moment and then again the girls started crying. Poor things. They cried a lot.

“What will we do now? ” Liya wailed loudly. She was just a fifteen year old girl, the smallest out of all of us. And we three, were the oldest out of all. Me being four hundred and ninety nine.  I would be five hundred in six months and that would be the time for some changes on Earth. Five hundredth birthday was an important thing for us.

Artemis was four hundred and ninety eight, just two years younger than me. But Aurora was a lot younger than us, being hundred and ten years old.

“Just stay silent, that's what we will do.” Roselyn said grimly. She and Kyla were the wisest of all the women here.

“Artemis, it was bad that you spoke back. You shouldn't have done that. ” One girl spoke from the back, near the door. Artemis raised her eyebrows at her, looking at the girl silently.

“What's your name and who are you?” She asked in a questioning voice.

“Casey. ” She said coming forward. The other girls looked apprehensive of her, almost scared. “And I am the Alpha's soon to be mate. I saw what you did back there. You should know your place, omega. And you girls, how can you all prepare such disgusting food?” She said with an angry face and her hands on her hips. The girls shrunk back, trying to hide from her intimidating glare.

Artemis and Aurora both stood near me, trying to be calm despite being angry at everyone in this pack.

But I just stood silently watching everything. Suddenly all of us heard a loud noise from the living room.

Casey just went away as if she was allergic to this place.

All the women looked at each other and Kyla spoke up.

“Girls, don't cry, don't shout, don't scream and lastly don't give them the satisfaction of hurting us. And be calm. Gods always help us. ”

All of them walked out and the three of us followed them.

........................................................................

A/N:

I love Artemis a lot 😌😌

What do you think will happen to them? 🤔

Vote and comment your thoughts guys!!  🙂🙂