Chapter Twenty Nine: The truth

Diana's POV

I wandered back to the guest rooms alloted to us and held up my hand to knock, but the door opened before I could.

"Come in, come in. We were just waiting for you. " Artemis said grinning wickedly.

I shivered, and walked inside as she closed the door.

"Spill." She said, looking at her nails. Aurora was off to the side, smiling at me.

"There's nothing to-" I started, but one glare from her made me sigh and tell her everything from meeting Ares to our kiss and to our meeting in the forest for tomorrow.

"Aww. " Aurora exclaimed jumping happily.

"Didn't you meet your mate? " I asked Artemis, who shook her head.

"Maybe he was busy. " I hummed. After a little chat about the ball, we got on the bed to sleep.

"I think it's time for us to tell Ares the truth about us. Even though he has met us for the first time, we have met him since long back." Althea whispered softly.

I nodded. He deserved to know everything. And it would only harm us, if I prolonged it more.

With that thought in mind, I drifted off.

______

The next morning, I teleported myself to the forest, after letting Aurora and Artemis know.

Currently, I was sitting on the huge stone, dangling my feet in the cool water. My face as the previous times, was blurred. It was the way I had appeared in front of Ares before.

After waiting for about ten more minutes, I heard him behind me.

"Goddess. " Ares said with his deep voice.

I nodded, without turning behind.

"My mate. She told me to meet her here. " He said, running his hand through his hair.

"King Ares, I have something to tell you. " I said, sighing.

"Yes?" He asked curiously.

......

Ares's POV

"I know it's too soon and you have just met me, but I can't stop myself as I met you a hundred years ago." She started. I looked at her, confused.

What is she talking about?

"Let me start of with my name and face. I am Diana Pheonix Silvermoon. The Goddess of Earth, and the daughter of Hades and Pheresphone. "

I already knew all of this, why is she telling them to me?

I frowned.

"I met you a hundred years ago, in the forest when your sister was ab-" She stopped abruptly, and turned around with a start and stood up.

"What are you doing here? " She questioned to the air. I couldn't see anyone.

After a long silence, she turned around to me and clicked her fingers, suddenly teleporting me back to the palace.

I looked around confused.

What just happened?

.........

The day just flew by, with me just talking with the Alpha's of other packs.

The ball started a few minutes ago, and I hadn't seen my mate since yesterday.

Why did she ask me to meet her in the forest? Why was the goddess there? What did she have to tell me ?

I sighed at all the questions forming inside my head.