Chapter Six

PS: I won't do the "music for this chapter" thing anymore cause I think you all would like to be more free about the songs to listen while reading it, so just enjoy it on shuffle (:

Lauren:

I got home and, as usual, my dad was at work and my mom was home with Amy. I have to admit, sometimes not having my dad home most of the time was upsetting, but I knew he was working so I kinda got used to it. It was about 5pm when I got home so I went upstairs to do my homework and saw a text from Austin. I was in shock. He texted "What about Vanessa? :/". In that moment, I realized how stupid I was. I kissed a boy that still had a crush and probably loved his ex-girlfriend, and worse of all, I was the blamed for the word "ex" before girlfriend. He sounded like a total jerk, and that's totally not like him. I seriously coudln't believe in what I was reading. He had feelings, which were pretty strong by the way, for Vanessa and I ruined their relationship. Normally, I would told him how ridiculous he sounded but you know what? I was the wrong person. I was the one that got them separated. I was the one that kissed him, twice by the way, but at the same time, he told me he wanted to do that about a long time ago. He was just playing one of his games. I never thought Austin was one of those kind of guys that goes around playing with girl's hearts. "Go back to her. Let's just forget about everything we did please. Just follow your heart and forget about everything. Bye Austin", and with that text, I layed in my bed with tears on my pillow. Usually I'm not the kind of "teenage girl stereotype" that cries over boys all the time, but he was different. He was a player, and no one could deny it, even not wanting to believe in it.
After that breakdown I decided I couldn't cry for the rest of my life. I went to the bathroom and washed my face. Along with my makeup, my tears went away with the water. I couldn't hurt myself because of that. I couldn't stay like that and get hurted. I needed to keep my head up high and move on. I went back to my room and I saw my mom sitting on my bed looking at my computer. "You are studying huh?" she asked me a little ironically. "Hm, I was going to start it now. Just leave me here okay mom? Please" I replied while she stood up and left through the door. "I love you" and "I love you too" were our last words before the door was closed. I got all my books and my notebook and started to do my homework and study for my math test, that was going to happen one day after that.
About two hours later and all the work done, I noticed noises downstairs. "I'm home!" my dad said while throwing himself on the couch looking really tired. I smiled at went downstairs to see him, and as soon as I got there, I saw Amy running to me with her arms opening for a hug. I bended on my knees and hugged her while playing with her on the air. She laughed and the smile on her face was adorable. I went to my dad and he was with his eyes almost closing. I sat on the other couch and turned the TV on. "How was your day?" my dad asked while turning his head to met my eyes. "Good, like usual. I've been studying a lot cause we have only one and a half week till summer break... Dad, I need to ask you for a favor. I talked to mom and she told me I could go to Hailey's summer house in Miami beach for a week after the end of classes... Do you let me go? Please?" I asked him a little scared about what he was going to say. He replied with a straight and clear "I'll have to think about it and discuss it with your mom, but for now I think it's okay". I got so happy cause I would never expect that kind of answer from my dad. I stood up and hugged him while kissing his cheek. He smiled and after watching TV shows for about thirty more minutes my mom called all of us to dinner. We got in the table and sat down. While we were eating the conversation topic became my week at Miami Beach. My mom and my dad were talking about the place, how far it was from home, how we were going to get there and all those details. At that point, I knew it was 99% of chances that I was definatelly going. After dinner, I went upstairs to take a shower and just chill while watching TV in my room. I texted Hailey about being almost sure about going, and she texted me back that Alex was going to take Sarah and Austin confirmed too, but Vanessa hadn't asked her mom yet. Right when I read Austin's name, I felt butterflies on my stomach. Even being mad at him, I couldn't help myself. It was the way I felt, and time was the only medication. I decided to move on and get back to what we were before. I still couldn't believe in his words. He texted me back, but I didn't even read the text. I went to bed with my mind running just thinking about him.