Chapter Twenty-Three

• Dedicated to Cory Monteith

Austin:

The club was so crowded and the song was so loud that I lost myself from everybody else. I was looking everywhere for a familiar face but I couldn't find anyone. Suddenly, I felt someone holding my hand softly. "Austin, I finally found you" she said looking deep into my eyes. I couldn't stop staring at her. As soon as I noticed who I was with, it was like there was no one around me and no music surounding me. She turned the whole club into a simple room. I pushed her closer to my body and pressed my lips against hers. Nothing felt more special than that moment. Her hands slid to the low point of my back. We separated ourselves and I could only stare at her eyes. They were filled with happiness and so were mine.

"Can we go somewhere else?" Lauren asked me poiting to a door which led to this beautiful outdoor space, where the music was not so loud as inside and the place was also not as crowded. I held her hand and we went to that place. Right when we arrived, I found Robert talking to Lisa. She was with her back against the wall while he had his hands on her left side. I noticed the glow in their eyes and when I was about to comment something to Lauren about them, I noticed that she had dissapeared. I looked to every side and couldn't find her. Suddendly, I heard a raspy and strong kind of voice calling my name.

That's when my heart stopped.

"Austin!" I heard. "Are you looking for your girlfriend?" it continued before I turned around. I took a glimpe of that person staring at me. "I might know where she is" she said still with that voice making fun of me. "Well, what do I have to pay to have her back?" I asked teasing her tooking one step closer, feeling her eyes exploring my chest and lifting them till they met mine. "Well, I'm gonna need to--" she was saying when I pushed my lips againt hers. I had to stop at some point because we were both smiling. That is, for me, the best kind of kiss. I could've enjoyed that moment till the rest of my life, I could never get tired of being like this with Lauren.

It was about three in the morning when the party ended. We all enjoyed it as much as we possibly could. Some of us were completely drunk like Hailey and some of her friends, others just drank an acceptable amount of alcohool and some didn't had any, like me and Lauren from what I saw.

We reunited outside and, since Alex haven't drank too, he was going to drive everyone home. "I'm gonna go in a different way, ok?" I told Alex with enthusiasm. He agreed and told me to be careful so I held Lauren's hand and whispered in her ear to come with me. She smiled to the ground and looked back at me waving with her head.

Lauren:

I just went through it with Austin. While everyone was probably already home, me and Austin took our way through the beach just enjoying each other's company.

"10 questions game?" he said right after we took off our shoes so we wouldn't get sand in them. I asked him what was that and he looked me in confusion. "You don't know what it is? It's a game where I ask you ten questions and you ask me ten questions. It's not that hard to understand..." he said playing with me. "I go first then, what's your favorite color?" I asked him before getting the quick reply "Red" from him. We kept going on with those questions and when we were close to the house he had a last question. He took a deep breath and started to ask me it.

"Do you think the water is too cold?" he asked me with a smirk growing bigger on his face.

"I don't know, maybe... Austin, why are you aski--" I was saying when I was interrupted by his quick move of taking off his shirt. His abs were perfect. The moonlight was shining on his body which made it even more beautiful. I couldn't even believe that he was actually real.

"I told you that you were going to regret what you said earlier" he said pushing me closer to him by my waist. I just pushed myself away and started to run, lefting my heels and phone in the sand. I didn't even knew where I was going, I was just having fun doing that. When I finally looked back to see if he was still following me, he was so close from reaching me. I ran faster, but it just wasn't enough. He took my arm and turned me around. As I was trying to make him let me go again, he crouched and lifted me in his arms. His left hand were in my thighs, close to my knees while his right hand made sure I wouldn't fall by holding my back. I had no way out. I was stucked in his arms.