Chapter Eighteen

Lauren:

I woke up at the next day at 9am and realized that I'm going to Hailey's beach house tomorrow and I haven't organized anything. There is no one home because Amy still isn't on summer vacations yet. I went downstairs to get a cookie and juice for breakfast and, since no one is home, I could eat on my bedroom without hearing my parents saying how messy my room will get. I turned on the TV and Glee was on. I've always liked that show for some reason, maybe it's because they valorize every person showing that everyone is worthy, and I think that's really amazing.

I grabbed my phone like usual and saw a text from Hailey asking if I had everything organized already and another text from Alex that said "Goodmorning... Text me when you can(:" and that reminded me of Austin so much. I've always got butterflies in my stomach when he texted me those things in the morning and the "happy face" reminded me even more of him. He's always on my mind and it's like he controls it by making me think and remember him.

I answered both and decided that I need to pack right after Glee ended so, after it, I changed the channel to MTV so I could listen to music while packing. Shoes, shorts, tops, bikinis and flip flops were everything I was thinking about, and it was good because, in that way, I wouldn't be thinking about you know who.

Alex:

As soon as Lauren's text came to my phone I really wasn't sure if she was being honest because she looked excited and even asked about the trip. I need to admit that I'm pretty excited about it too, specially because I would be able to spend time with my friends and my girlfriend doing only what we liked. Me and Hailey spent a day about a week ago only planning what we were going to do. She had some friends around so she talked to them and they knew a great club so she suggested that we could make like a house party before the club night. There were still so much things to organize about the trip but since we both were excited, we decided that planning everything before wasn't the best idea.

I called Lauren and we talked about everything, since school to random jokes but I felt the need to make sure she wasn't upset at all about everything that happened. She kept repeating "I'm fine Alex, please don't worry about me" but I'm the kind of person that is too protective. I couldn't get over the fact that Lauren and Austin fighted over something so silly, I mean, she always felt something for him and I only now realized that Austin fell in love with her, and it happened so fast.

Robert:

I woke up with a smile on my face.

"It's summer vacations, finally" I repeated in my head.

I packed everything I needed yesterday so I really had nothing too important to do. I got a call from Lauren and she sounded happy. "Hey Rob, I don't know if you're busy but can you come over and help me to pack?" she exclaimed with excitement. "Sure! Haven't you packed already?" I asked before we talked for about 10 minutes. I told her that I was going to her place walking but then she told me that she went to a grocery store right next to my house so we could go together.

I waited for her in my front door like she asked me to and I saw that she had two bags, so I helped her to carry them even though she said that she needed no help. On the way to her house I wanted to ask her what has been happening with her and Austin, because lately I saw them together and then the rumour came up and they splitted up but I saw them flirting in class so I clearly had no idea of what was going on but after giving a tought, I realized that I need to wait for the right moment.

"Are you as excited as me?" I asked Lauren when we were already ay the door. She looked down and looked back to me saying "I'm excited too, I guess." I replied right after "Really? You don't sound too excited... Is it something wrong? I feel like lately you've been acting a little diferent." All I heard was silence. Complete yet empty silence. I noticed that she tried to hide something and smile away, but she couldn't disguise it. "Lauren... Is there anything you wanna tell me?" I asked trying to confort her before getting a mad response from her. "Why does everybody keep asking me how I feel. I'm fine, just because a few things happened that doesn't mean I can't move on with my life."

Lauren:

I was just tired of people saying the same things. "Are you ok?", "Does it has something to do with Austin?". Of course it does but I need to move on. I don't wanna be stuck in this forever and I'm tired of being threated like a child. I was rude with Robert and I know it, but that was like the last drop of water in a full cup.

"I'm- I'm sorry Rob but I'm full of it. I'm trying to move on but there's always something bringing me back to him, I am-" I was saying when he interrupted me. "Lauren... He's the one 'bringing you back', and I know that you might hate it but it's true," he said trying his hardest to make me believe. Deep inside, I know he's not lying but at the same time I can't just fall for him and let me go. I have to get over everything, but maybe I also needed to start listening to what other people try to tell me.

"I can't let it take over me. That's the problem" I said trying to get an answer. "Why did you two broke up? Do you even remember it? Because I feel like a small thing turned into a tornado in your head. Think straight. Why are you two in this situation. You need to stop thinking and just do what do you want to," Robert said and that really hitted me. Maybe I really should act like nothing else mattered. "Rob, I need to do something. Can you wait for me here?" I asked him knowing exactly what I wanted. "Sure, where are you-" he tried to say when I smiled and left through the door.

Walking through the streets I knew exactly what I needed. I ringed the doorbell and as soon as I saw him, I analized every single detail of him. His hazel eyes, his arm muscles showing through the plain white shirt he was wearing. His white teeths when he smiles. His hair carefuly messy. It was killing me so I did exactly what Robert told me to. With one simple move I found his lips touching mine with my hands around his neck. All that I've been wanting to do for so long was finally happening. I knew how much I needed that and then I felt him kissing me back. Pushing me closer by the waist he closed the door and placed my back on the wall. "I missed you" Austin whispered in my ear. He placed his lips on mine and I just couldn't ask for something better. A kiss simply solved everything. Like they say, a kiss worth more than one thousand words.

"I missed you too Austin" I said smiling at the side of my lips. He smiled back. "What is in you today girl? I like that edgy side of yours" he said happy. "I just needed to see you. I don't even know why we fighted in first place," I tried to explain. "Can we not talk about what happened, like never again?" Austin said pushing me closer again. We kissed and it was such a true feeling. We both agreed that talking about it wouldn't take us anywhere.

Robert:

After waiting about half hour for Lauren not even knowing where she was, I finally heard familiar noises downstairs. I left her room and getting closer to the stairs, I saw Lauren standing there talking to someone that I couldn't see yet. All of the sudden I saw him holding her by the waist and pressing his lips against hers. "Oh well, look who's here..." I said making both look up. With laughs they came upstairs and greeted me. Austin was a bit confused of what I was doing there but he looked way happier, and so was Lauren. I explained to him everything that was going on and he said that he would help with the packing, even though he hadn't packed yet. After Lauren chose everything she was going to pack, we helped her to put it all on the bag. "Oh, look who's here!" Austin said pushing a bra out of the bag and placing it on himself. Me and him bursted into laugher, even Lauren getting embarassed and a little mad. "AUSTIN! This is not funny, put it back!" she said trying not to laugh. We finally finished packing but I still had a few minutes before going home.

"So, are you guys going to announce that you're back?" I asked them. They changed looks not knowing what they would do.

Lauren:

In the middle of all this confusion, I had totally forgot about my 'revenge' kind of plan. With Austin by my side, I realized how stupid it was but at the same time, we still had no idea of who made up the rumour. Was it Vanessa or Hailey? My mind was running when Austin replied his own answer. "Why wouldn't we? There's no reason to hide it." and that's when I noticed that he was right. If I want to find out the truth, lying is not the way. I just need to put all the pieces together.