Chapter Twenty-Nine

Was I even suppose to say something? He kissed me right before kissing another girl.

"I love you, I love you, I love you" - His voice repeated in my head

My whole body screamed what he wanted to hear, but my heart wouldn't let that happen. I kept staring at him, not having an idea of could've happened next.

He's just playing you. No, he loves you. Why would he kiss someone else if he loved you? He is just doing the right thing.

Anything else I could ever thought of, I did. Even if part of me wanted to react back, the other part was just numb.

I left without a single word.

Austin:

Your fault, your fault, your fault...

As much as the kiss meant a lot, she left. She would never want to look at me again. Maybe it just meant a lot to me. Maybe I'm just lost.

*****

It's been two days. It's been two whole days since I haven't stared at her beautiful light brown eyes or moved her hair to behind her ear. It's been two days since the guilt has been consuming every single organ of my body. It's been two days since I've been numb.

Maybe she was right, I thought at that point.

I could've predicted that Vanessa would do that. In fact, she does whatever she wants. No one has control over Vanessa, not even herself.

My mind was running. It was about one in the morning and I couldn't bring myself to sleep.

*****

"I have to go" I told Robert. "But why? We still have like a week and a half at this amazing place. You can't just lea--" he tried to convince me before I cut him off.

"I have to ok? Tell everyone I said sorry" I told him.

I felt so weak. I couldn't even be around Lauren or Alex without feeling guilty. I betrayed the one I loved. Even though Vanessa was a complete asshole at times, it surprised me that she hadn't told anyone.

The only people who knew about it was the four of us.

I got inside the car when it was still dark. It was about five in the morning when I left. I couldn't bring myself together. As I was packing, Robert woke up and that happened.

As I went my way home back again, I remembered the little details. I remembered how she would look down and smile softly when I said she looked beautiful. I remembered how often I would make a joke just to put on a smile on her face. I remembered how I called her one night and we talked for hours. I remembered how much I loved her, and how easilly I lost her.

Lauren:

In the car, all I could think about was how stupid I was. He said he loved me and I couldn't bring myself to say the same, as much as I wanted to. He kissed her, and I wasn't pleased. But deep down my heart, I knew the real Austin. I knew he would never kiss her. Vanessa was desperate.

"Bitch" I mouthed to myself. Alex brought himself to look at me. "What?" he asked. "Oh, nothing" I said back. He softly opened a small smile, bringing me to smile back.

The entire ride was silent. I stared at the road in what seemed to be endless. It was almost six in the morning and Alex was such a good friend for bringing me home again. I couldn't just stand a few hours close to him.

"Thank you, from the bottom of my heart" I whispered in Alex's ear while he hugged me tight. He smiled and went back to the car. He waved from the car window and left.

Right when I was searching for the house keys inside my pocket, I saw the door knob twisting and my dad opened it.

"What are you doing back home?" he asked hugging me. "Long story.." I replied and he looked at me confused.

I could never tell my parents what happened. They wouldn't understand and God knows what my dad could say or do to Austin. I planned an excuse and I don't know how, but it worked.

I got into my room and sat on the corner of my bed, where Austin used to seat when he watched me do something around my room. I miss him. I miss him a lot.

A/N

just wanted to say thank you for reading and sorry for taking so long to update (: ily