Chapter Twenty-Seven

Vanessa:

As we all layed down in the sand on the top of the towels, I could hear everyone's voice saying random things but I could really only listen to one thing. Myself.

I couldn't stop thinking about that night at the club. I couldn't stop thinking about Matthew even standing next to the girl. Most of all, I couldn't stop thinking about being left out.

I've always knew that I wasn't the kind of girl who everybody expects to fall for someone like this, but this time, I just couldn't deny it. I was deeply in love with Matthew, and he was gone.

Maybe I was just used to dating jerks, maybe I was just used to picking the guys that would break my heart at the end of all. All this time, there was just one person that treated me right.

"Austin" I whispered to myself. "What?" he said, turning his brown greenish eyes to me. "Oh it's-- It's nothing. Oh-- Forget it" I responded to him trying to get away from that situation. He shrugged his shoulders and turned to the other way.

I was just speechless as my face expression turned blank.

Hailey:

Every single time we entered that house, it always seemed like it had gotten bigger. Alex had even found a plus room that I had never had acknowledge of. That place really brought us closer, we all were sure that it would be the best summer of our lifes, and we still had about two entire weeks there. It was now friday so we wanted to go out. We wanted to do something fun and different.

"I don't wanna go to a club again. Maybe we could just hang out here, just us." Alex said while we conforted ourselves in the couches by the living room. Some shared looks agreeing with his idea, and it was how it ended up being like.

It was about 9pm when everyone was reunited. We spent the vacations at the same place but not really too close to each other, there were kind of groups of people who were together more often, so it was good to actually be around everyone.

"Truth or dare?" I asked Alex, who was sitting in front of me to get choose by the bottle I had placed on the floor in the center of our circle.

"Is is true that you still watches Kim Possible?" I asked after giving it a thought, remembering what I heard before. "Only if it's with Austin!" he admitted as both of them blushed.

The bottle spinned once again so it was now turn for another question. Robert asked what Vanessa wanted, and she answered "truth" with her cocky voice tone like always.

I noticed that he had trouble trying to think of something, but his eyes light up for a moment. "Is it true that you and Matthew broke up because he cheated on you?" he asked before taking a deep breath, everyone now laying eyes on her.

Her eyes grew bigger as the tension also grew into the room. No one was focused on anything else than her. She didn't even broke down for a second, her chin was lifted like always. "Yeah, I don't care. It's his lost, stupid asshole" she said with an agressive tone this time, causing the silence of everyone else standing in the room.

Austin:

It had been the best day we have had ever since we gotten there. Just being close to the people that meant so much to me was the best. I knew that, lately, I had been stucked with Lauren but I truly loved to stay with everyone. That night became special for all of us...

At least, that's what I was thinking.

I went to the kitchen by myself to fill my cup with more virgin piña colada and after I left, I noticed Vanessa standing alone on the balcony looking off into the distance.

"What's up?" I asked entering the same space as her. "Oh- It's nothing, I'm just here by myself thinking" she answered, looking me back in the eyes and smiling. I sensed an awkward scene, but I didn't bothered. "What have you been doing lately?" I asked her, knowing that she wasn't with Matthew all the time anymore.

"Just the usual, nothing different actually. Remember when we used to date? Ha ha, good times!" she said being extremely excited. "Oh, what do you mean?" I asked, turning my eyes back at her tanned skin.

"You know, it used to be so fun and exciting just the two of us together," she explained, "don't you ever think about us?".

By that time, I was lost in my own thoughts. What was she trying to do? I was being taken over by my mind. I gave her a strange look with no answer, along with a non teeth smile.

She was just staring at me. No words, no moves, nothing else. I refused to even change eyes with her by that moment.

Vanessa:

My thoughts were rushing through my head. It was like I couldn't control myself, I needed it.

I needed him.

As he finally looked at me and was about to say something, I did what I wanted for so long. Before he even could say something, I crushed my lips into his.

The warmth of him was taking over me as I forced a kiss through his lips.

Suddenly, I was pushed by the arms of the person I never thought it would do it, the guy I had just kissed. He pushed me away enough so I could find his lost, yet angry, expression at me.

Before he could let a word slip out of his luscious lips, his eyes turned to the right, facing the person both of us would never expect.

(A/N)

I know I left all of you without a new chapter for so long and I appologize also that this chapter is small, but I wanted a cliffhanger ashdvedkw. Your comments, votes and views mean a lot to me, seriously. Thanks to every single one of you all for being the best readers in the word (:

Love, Livia♡