Chapter Thirty

Alex:

Answer it, answer..

After I left the table, my mind was just running. Lauren left and Austin left. They left trying to be away from each other, but destiny can't keep them apart. Sounds cheesy to say that, but that's what I believe in.

Answer it, answer..

It rang over and over again, but no one was ever picking up.

Austin:

"Four missing calls from Alex", the notification that popped up on my phone said. I heard it, but I couldn't bring myself to pick that up. I wanted to be left alone and that's all. My mom was at work but even being at that house was making me anxious. I had to go somewhere else, being locked up was driving me insane.

Lauren:

The park. One of the only places in this entire town where I was left all by myself. I couldn't hear the angry people inside their cars, I couldn't hear anyone that walked by, I could just be left alone. And that's all I needed. I've always been the kind of person who enjoys being in silence, and that would always bring me to my best.

This time, it wasn't complete silence. I could hear something like a song from a distance, being played perfectly without one note being messed up. The sound filled my ears and calmed my heart. For some reason, the song was affecting me. As I saw the nearest place to sit, I went to it. It was a wood swing with two places to sit. I took the one by the right and just stood there for as long as I could, letting go of everything.

******

As the time passed by, the wind was reaching inside the trees and finding my cold skin. Along with it, since it was getting late, the moonlight illuminated the grass that stood under my feet and part of me. The night was getting closer as the wind was getting rougher.