Chapter Sixteen

Austin:

My head was pounding and I could felt all the anger take over me. "You really don't get it?" I said to Lauren with a mad and loud voice. "Stop screaming with me," she said with her eyes starting to fill with sadness. "I thought you felt the same way... You really don't get it! I'm done with you, done." I told Lauren while I stood up and walked to the door. "Austin, wait!" I heard from her behind me, with an even louder voice, like she just couldn't let me go.

I looked back and she was already so close to me. She ran so fast that, when I turned around, her hands were almost touching my chest. She took a step back. "I'm just confused, please don't ignore me. Just explain to me what's going on Austin, please" she said with her gorgeous eyes filled with tears, and if she blinked, I could already see a tear drop falling on her soft skin.

"That ruined us. That stupid rumour ruined me and you. I really like you, why can't you understand that?" I said, even more angry than before. She looked down, wiped a tear away with her thumb and when she looked up, I couldn't control myself anymore. I followed my instincts. I holded her waist, and with a simple twist I pressed her back against the wall. Her eyes locked on mine, I did what I've been missing for so long. I smiled at the side and still holding her waist, I pulled my lips closer from hers and no words can't describe how I felt.

It was magical, indescribable.

It was like our lips were made for each other. It fitted perfectly and the synchrony was perfect. Her soft and warm lips had this thing that always calmed me down. My hands got lower on her waist and now almost touching her thighs. I got chills sent all over my body, and I couldn't get tired of her.

But she could.

With one move, she pulled me away from her and she was looking at me surprised. "Austin... Why did you- Why-" she tried to say while her eyebrowns lifted. What was she trying to do?

Lauren:

I couldn't believe in what just happened. He forced me to kiss him, and we weren't even together anymore. A break, that all I asked him. I needed some time to think. The reason why I asked for that wasn't because of a stupid high school rumour. I wasn't really caring about that. I asked for a break because it all happened so fast. Do I want him? No doubts.

Can I have him? That's where the problem is.

Maybe I just wasn't enough for him. Maybe I was just another one of the girls that he would date in his life. Maybe I wasn't nothing. It was like no words could convince me. His eyes were locked in mine and I started to look to the celling, hoping that the tears that were flooding my eyes would dissapear. They didn't. When I looked down again, all I could watch was Austin's hazel eyes confused and his lips relaxed but at the same time, worried. I didn't knew what to do.

"I can't Austin, I'm sorry," I said opening the door and looking directly at him. The expression on his face was scary, like she just couldn't move. "Austin, plea-" I was saying when he cutted me by leaving my house and closing the door behind him. I actually feel bad about doing this, but at the end of it, I know that I'm doing the right thing. I can't accept to be used like that. In my mind, I'm sure that all my theories about being "just another one" are truth.

Alex:

I was so worried. Lauren wasn't answering her phone and even though I just wanted to know why she was with Austin, I couldn't help my imagination to create the worst thoughts. She was always with her phone next to her, and that I'm so protective over her. Well, not only over her. It was basically about everyone.

Since Lauren wasn't answering her phone, I decided to text Austin and ask him if everything was fine, but after about half hour without any answer, I tried to call him. "Hey, this is Austin Mahone. I can't talk right now, but leave your message after the bep," and that was the closest I got from his voice.

"I need to do something" I thought to myself while looking through the window. I got a vans that I found in my room, putted them on and walked to Lauren's house. The door was locked and it sounded quiet inside it. I ringed the doorbell once. No answer. I ringed it for the second time. I heard the sound of keys being turned in the door. With a smile on my face I waited to see Lauren smiling back at me.

She wasn't. Her makeup was messed up and her hair was holded by a bun, also messy. The look in her eyes were like she was just tired, but the smile she gave me showed the real emotion. Confussion, sadness, dissapointement and the feeling of being lost were easilly showing.

"Lauren, why are you like this?" I asked her trying to polited at the same time. "I was just sleeping, you know, in-" she was saying when I got surprised. "Wait... Were you with Austin?" I asked not believing in my own words, knowing after saying that they came out spontaneously. "What are you sopposing? That I actually did something with him? Wow Alex..." she replied sounding really mad. "I'm sorry, I just- I was just worried about what happened to you and Austin while he was here" I told her, trying to calm her down. It was like her eyes were about to cry, even though she looked mad at the same time. She looked down and when our eyes met again, she told me to come inside.

"I'm sorry that I didn't answered my phone, I was sleeping" she said trying to explain herself. I know her, she wasn't sleeping. "Why are you lying to me?" I asker her turning my face more serious. I noticed that she took a deep breathe and looked up, just like she always does to hold tears, but this time she couldn't. When she looked back at me, I saw a tear rolling down on her cheek. She looked hopeless, like she missed something and was just crushed.

I holded her in my arms, while her head rested on my shoulder. I could've stayed there forever if she let me. "I just don't know what to do anymore Alex... I'm confused in all this mess. Who made up this rumour? Hailey, Vanessa or none of them? I just don't know in what to believe now... And now Austin hates me too" she said with pause to dry the tears of her cheeks.