Chapter Twenty-Five

Austin:

We arrived at my place and it was already pretty late. I knew my mom wasn't home because of some business trip she had so there wouldn't be any awkward moment. I slid the keys out of my pocket as Lauren stood behind me waiting. I opened the door and led her inside. I left the keys on the chair in the living room and went stright to my bedroom.

"Do you have a Justin Bieber poster?" Lauren said poiting to it. "Yeah, I- I kinda like him" I said a little embarassed as she stared at me with a huge smile on her face. "Should I be worried? I mean, Justin is a guy and I don't wanna be in the middle of you two" she said furrowing her eyebrows trying to make me mad. "Oh, you play this game?" I replied smirking at her before she accepted the idea. As I started to walk, I saw that she went to the corner of the room like she wanted to run away from me but I had another thing in my mind. I left the room and went to the kitchen. I grabbed the first thing I saw in the fridge, a perfect slice of strawberry and chocolate cake that my mom had done. Going back inside the bedroom, I saw her head peeking out of the door. "I see you!" I said in a playful voice as she hid herself back inside the room.

"Austin, don't!" she said as she saw me with the cake in my hands. "You asked for it" I said starting to run behind her. She climbed the bed thinking that would stop me from getting her. I jumped in it and holded her arm just strong enough so she wouldn't run away. Just before I could get the cake to mess with her, she attacked the plate and grabbed a piece of the cake and smashed in on my face.

It was war.

I opened my mouth because I just couldn't believe in what she had done. I grabbed another piece of the cake and smashed it agaisnt her face and she was in total shock. We both looked at each other, with cake all over our faces, just laughing at what we had done. My bed, surprisingly, was clean. She was laughing so much that she had to sit down. Her laugh filled my heart, it warmed my body. I sat right beside her with a smile stamped on my face. I slid my finger across her cheek trying to make some space between all the cake. I pressed my lips against her warm skin as I felt her cheeks lifting for a smile forming. She kissed my cheek back with cake all over her lips.

I couldn't miss the opportunity. I had to kiss her right in that moment. I pushed myself closer and closed my eyes, feeling her lips pressed on mine. The perfect synchrony, the perfect timing, she.

"I'm just trying to clean you" I said between little kisses across her skin. She laughed slightly as I kept making she smile. She had her hands on the back of my neck while I had mine on the lowest point of her waist, sliding my fingers up and down. She made a move and pushed herself closer to me. Our noses touched before I pressed my lips against hers. The syncrony, the move and she made it the perfect moment. I knew I would never have such a strong connection with someone as I did with her. It wasn't something just physical, and that's when it hit me. It wasn't a high school relationship only, at least not in that point. I wanted her with me through everything. The truth was, I loved her.

As I felt her lips away from me, I opened my eyes and saw that beautiful figure. Her tanned skin, her luscious lips, her brownish hair behind one ear...

"Lauren... I need to tell you something." and as she was about to say something, I cut her. "Just wait for me to finish. I don't know what is gonna be your reaction or how do you feel, but I just wanted you to know that I completely understand if you don't feel the same way." I took a deep breath, I noticed how focused she was on me. Her eyes were staring deep into my soul. It was like she already knew what was going to happen and the exact words I was going to say even before I knew what to say.

"I can't keep hiding this from you and just know that I'll accept whatever you reply" I explained once again. I didn't wanted to pressure her. I wanted her to be completely honest about how she felt and how I would be thankful for any answer she gave me back.

"Lauren, you came in my life so quickly but you already stole part of my heart. Having you around me makes me happier than I've ever been with anybody else and, I guess what's I'm trying to say is-" I said taking a deep breath, getting ready to tell her the words I've never shared with anyone else.

"Lauren, I am in love with you".

Lauren:

I couldn't move. My whole world stopped after those three words were said by Austin Mahone, the boy I've had a crush but never thought it would be real. The boy which I dreamt about him by my side. The boy which I never thought I would have, the one I... The one I loved. It's easy to say "I love you", but he was different. I guess saying that I loved him was hard because I was actuallt afraid, afraid of getting hurt or pushing him away from me but that didn't happened. Austin loved me.

For a moment, I just kept the silence fill the room. I could never explain how I felt. His beautiful hazel eyes read my heart but, at the same time, showed his concern. The silence was on for too long.

"I love you too, Austin" I said as a smile grew in my face. His eyes were now filled up with the brightest colors and the best emotions. His smile grew even bigger as I was saying the three magic words. He came closer, where nothing could ruin the moment, with his smile lighting up everywhere around us. Suddenly, the whole room became an empty space where he was the only thing I could even pay attention to.

Our noses touched while we could just stay staring at each other for years. Austin's lips were so close to me as I craved them so badly. "I love you, I love you" he said as a smile grew into his face. I felt loved, I felt special.

*******

Austin's phone rang. As usual, it was Alex. He got up from the couch we were hanging by his room, which was actually also a bed when opened.

"I guess you're right, I'll talk to her. Text you in a minute bro, see you" Austin said. He turned to me and walked back to the couch. He held my hand staring at me, making my heart race.

"Lauren, Alex told us that he thinks it's really late for us already to get back to the house so... He said that it would be better if we stayed the night and went back my tomorrow morning." he said as I payed attention to every single one of his words. "Sure, I was think the same thing and I can go home and--" I was saying before Austin cut me.

"I was actually-- I was thinking that, maybe, if you feel confortable about it, we could-- You could stay and spend the night" he said stuttering in his own words. I thought it was adorable how he was always trying to make me feel confortable about everything he did, always asking me how I felt about something.

"That's really thoughtful of you, Austin. I would love to stay here today, if your mom doesn't mind either." I replied, doing the same with my words as I said. "She's not coming home tonight, don't worry babe." he explained with a smile on his face.

"Do you wanna do something before going to bed?" he asked me looking excited that I would say that I wanted. I shook my head in agreement as I turned around to get my phone. "Maybe we could just watch tv" I completed, still looking for my phone through his desk. Suddenly, I felt his warth taking over me. His arms were wrapped around my waist as he supported his head on my shoulder. I hugged his arms around my waist, almost trying to make them stay there forever. As I slowly turned around, the smile who had been in my face for a while then just grew even bigger. He smiled back at me, making me blush by his focused eyes on mines.

He held my hand and led me to the couch. We sat next to each other. I lifted my legs to the couch and his arms were wrapped around my shoulders, bringing me closer to him. As we watched tv, I was a little unconfortable by the fact I was wearing jeans. "Do you want something to wear?" Austin said as he noticed how I kept moving. "You don't have to" I said before he gave me the 'really?' kind of look. "Sure, hmm, whatever you have it's fine" I said again.

He stood up once again and looked inside his closet. "Do you want some sweatpants and a shirt?" he said holding a pair of grey sweatpants and a black plain shirt. "That's great, thank you so much" I thanked him as he brought it to me. I went to the bathroom on the hallway to change clothes. I didn't felt confortable enough yet to do these kind of things in front of him. Even though I loved him, I never wanted to rush anything.

******DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT AND VOTE!!!******