Chapter 16

Skyler watches Alex walking away. Alex felt scared of Asher for the first time in her life but knew that she had to talk to Chloe and Steve before Mark because it was best. Soon after Alex arrived at Chloe and Steve's place, she closed the door to check over her shoulder.

'Hey surprised you here' Chloe said as she saw her best friend like seeing a ghost. Alex turned to Chloe "I was helping my mom at the bakery but then Asher showed up and started kissing me' Alex said as she sat down on the couch. Chloe sat down beside her "hey you are safe now, we gonna get straining order together' Chloe said as she did with her brother controlling her life.

Alex looked up at Chloe 'why do two order?' she asked as she thought that her friend was hiding something from her. Chloe took a deep breath "I never told anyone this because I had a baby when I was fifteen, " Chloe said as Alex was shocked by the news. Chloe wiped away the tear from her eye "After I gave birth, I put my daughter up for adoption because I want to keep her safe from my brother so it wouldn't hurt his niece ' Chloe said as she thought about her child and Alex got up from the couch and hugged her.

Alex holds Chloe tugged "I'm so sorry, I wish to know could be there for you," Alex said as feel so bad for her friend. Chloe let go of Alex "I just best not tell you because you still get over your sister's death" Chloe said as she picked up the cat off the ground. Alex understands her

The reason not to tell her " I understand' Alex said as she follows Chloe to the kitchen.

'Are going to tell Scott or Steve" Alex said as she saw Chloe put down the cat " I will tell them then I'm ready' Chloe said as she knew it was best for right now.

Asher arrives back at Midnight Light Club "sir there are some detectives who want to talk to you" the male bartender said as Asher turned and walked toward the detectives. Jason was about to pour a glass from over the counter "detectives how can help new york fines" Asher said as Jason put down the glass. Jason pulled up a picture of the victim "do you know this woman?' Jason asked as Asher placed his arm in his jacket "yeah that Violet she was my bartender fired her last week, I have not seen her since" Asher said as he tried to act like he knew nothing. Cameron started toward his often to see the old blood drip at the floor "except the blood on the floor? Cameron asked as he walked back to them.

Asher pulls out his hand from his jacket "I cut myself when cutting some box" Asher said as he put his hand back in his jacket. Jason looks at Cameron "thank you for your times" Jason as they left the midnight light club "we need to follow him, he is the killer' Cameron said as Jason look over his shoulder "yeah agree with you but need proof" Jason said as he points to the security camera around the street from the club.

Steve decides to stop by Ruby's bakery 'hey miss Heart, it Steve' Steve said as he looked over the counter. To find Ruby clean up some blood on the floor 'Hey Steve, sorry just clean up blood after Alex stab Asher' Ruby said as she placed the cloth in the bucket.

Steve looks at Ruby with worry in his eyes 'Alex is okay?' Steve asked as he was worried for Alex 'she fine just been shaken up after it happened' Ruby answered as Steve breathed a little bit eaiser. Steve grabbed the cloth from the bucket ' growing up with Asher, he was never aggressive but I know that he would crack' Steve said as he finished cleaning the blood off the floor.

Ruby looked at Steve 'yeah right about that' she said as she thought about her son. After Steve finished help clean up and head out to the door but ran into Quinn