Chapter 28

Josh looked over Cameron's shoulder to see Angel on the couch 'can we come in' Josh asked as Cameron let in the house. Josh walked toward Angel ' thank god you ok,' he said as he hugged her and did not let her go.

Angel was confused with Josh 'why are you glad that I'm ok?' Angel asked as she wanted to put the pieces of last night. Josh let go of Angel 'don't remember taking Skylar to your house?' Josh asked as he tried to freshen her mind.

Angel tried to remember the piece of last night "my head hurt, but he took Skylar last night' Angel said as she grabbed the glass of water for her headache. 'How does it tie with Chloe going missing?' Scott asked as he wanted answers from Josh. 'Because her brother took her and Skylar,' Josh said as Scott was shocked by the news.

'You're going to the cops about this matter!' Scott shouted as he looked at Josh. Josh got up from the couch 'no, we can't because Asher told Alex that if she goes to the cops, he will kill them,' Josh said as Scott felt a gunshot through his chest.

'Then why are we standing around here?' Scott asked as he was ready to fight Asher. Cameron stood in front of Scott before he did something he would regret 'we need a plan before rushing action,' Cameron said, knowing he would do the same if was Angel. Scott listens to Cameron 'ok, but what is the plan?' he asks as he looks at Josh.

'Mark, get the money for Alex.' Josh said he would give money to Asher for trade, as he could tell that Scott was worried out of his mind. Angel could stop thinking that Skyler could be scared out of her mind. 'I think I should be there for Alex for a trade,' Angel said as she felt responsible for Skylar being taken.

'No, are you crazy!' The guys shouted simultaneously as they didn't want Angel near it. Cameron placed his hand on Angel's hand 'we all care about you, and I don't want you to get hurt,' Cameron said as he put his other hand on her belly.

Angel finally understood 'fine but call me if anything happens, please,' Angel said as she looked at Cameron. Cameron nods yes toward Angel and heads out the door with the others.

Alex decides to stop by Quinn's apartment building. She stood out the front door and felt shaking as she reached for the entry 'hey Alex, what brings out here?' Jason asked as he stood behind her.

Alex turned toward Jason. 'I was just passing by here,' she answered by rubbing her hand. Jason could tell that she was hiding something 'are you here for someone you have seen in a long time? Jason said as he opened the door and followed him inside the building.

'Yes, I'm here to see my sister after finding out that she is still alive,' Alex said as tears fell down her eyes and hit the elevator button. Then the elevator's door opened up, and they walked in the elevator, Jason pressed the four-floor 'she help me with the case,' he said as the elevation went up the floors.

'What deal do you make with her?' Alex asked, knowing her sister did not work for free. The elevator arrived on the four-floor, and the door opened. Jason and Alex got out of the elevator. 'I would erase her juvenile record,' Jason answered as Alex thought that made sense.

Jason stopped walking and looked at Alex. 'I will be back with your sister,' Jason said as he stepped inside Asher's apartment and toward the den.

Quinn was tired of hacking through his computer. 'I'm so bored!' she shouted at the computer. 'Maybe you need a break from this? Jason asked as she turned the chair around to him. Quinn smirked 'yeah, you're about that,' she said as she got up from the chair and stretched her body.

'I have someone in the hallway who wants to talk to you,' Jason said as Quinn was confused but headed to the hallway. When Quinn entered the hallway to find Alex, 'I want to see you and can't talk long,' Alex said as she knew that need meet up with Mark and others soon.

'Hey, it's been so long since we talked like sisters,' Quinn said as she wanted more. Quinn walked toward Alex 'why do we go outside' Quinn said as they headed out of the building.

'Remember when we broke the bakery's window after you missed the can,' Alex said as she thought about their childhood 'yeah, they were so mad though it was a gunshot,' Quinn answered as they laughed about it.

Alex looked at Quinn feeling band not knowing that she was here the whole time 'why did you not find me or mom about surviving the crash' Alex asked as Quinn looked away from Alex 'wow really want to know because you didn't go to another hospital to find me' Quinn said as she got off her chest and turn back to her sister.

Alex tried to reach for Quinn's hand 'you're right, but I was out cold for two days from losing blood,' Alex said as she looked at Quinn. Quinn removed her hand from Alex's reach. 'I think you go because I don't want to see you again,' Quinn said as she looked at Alex and walked away from her.

Alex felt heartbroken by Quinn's words, but she needed to deal with Asher, then she dealt with her sister afterward.

Mark dropped at the bank, took out two million dollars from his account, and placed the money in a duffle bag. Then he gives Jason a heads-up about everything happening with Asher. Mark arrives at his house to find Josh, Scott and Cameron waiting at the front door.

Mark got out of the car, carrying the duffel bag from the backseat 'hey guy, how are Angel and Skylar, ok?' Mark worried for his sister.

Josh looked at Cameron and back to Mark 'Angel is ok, but Asher took Skylar last night,' he answered as Mark unlocked the door, feeling relieved but mad at the same time. They entered through the front door, and Cameron closed the door behind him 'it is my fault that Angel got hurt and Skylar got taken,' Cameron said as he felt it was his fault.

Cameron punches the wall until Scott places his hand on his shoulder. 'It is not your fault; besides, it is Asher's fault, Scott said as the guys agreed.

'I left a message to Jason about Asher, ' Mark said as he wanted to make sure nothing went wrong with Alex's trade-off with Asher. Josh opened the duffle bag and checked the money. 'You that Asher told no cops? He kills them,' Josh said as he closed the duffle bag and looked at Mark.

'Yesh know that, but we can trust him with this,' Mark said as look at the guys who were not sure about his ideas.

"Fine, but no one else needs to know about this,'' Josh said as he wanted to ensure everything went as planned. 

Shattered paintingOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara