Unforgetable

Asia's POV

I walked in the school on the gloomy Tuesday morning. Day two of trying to become more confident and make new friends.

I had a good feeling about today.

One person noticed me yesterday, who's to say more people won't today?

I walked up to my locker and there was Jenna right beside it. "Good morning new bestie." She said with a cocky grin.

I looked at her outfit. It was a purple dress with a gray sweater and same boots she wore yesterday.

"Hello." I said dryly.

"Yo, new girl!" Someone yelled. "Asia, right?" He asked coming next to my locker.

"Hey, Charlie." I said continuing to dig through my locker. I didn't have to look at him to recognize his voice.

"This is the girl I was telling y'all about." He said to the few guys behind him.

"Woah." They all said, collectively.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed Jenna. We walked down the hallway away from the guys.

"Come on, they're just messin' around." Charlie said coming up next to me. The three guys next to him shoved Jenna out of the way and came on the other side of me. "The brunette is Jackson, the one next to him is Logan, and then Devin is on the other side of him." Charlie said pointing.

"It's nice to meet you all." I said with a fake eye roll.

"Show them your scars." Charlie said.

I just now noticed Charlie was a lot taller than me. So were the other boys, but in the car it seemed to me they we were the same height.

"Absolutely not. You nuts?" I asked.

"You did it for me."

"Don't say it like that. I didn't do anything for you. I did it, because, well for starters we were in private. And secondly, I was a little off from being lost in a random city in the back of a cop car."

"You scared?" Devin teased.

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, right."

"Look at that. The new girl thinks she's hot shit around here." Someone said walking by us.

It was a boy my age. Slightly taller than me with a lean body for our age. He had long hair compared to most the guys here with golden brown locks.

"What was that?" I yelled, turning around.

"Asia, what are you doing?" Charlie asked. "That's Cameron Maverick. He's been in quite a few fights. I wouldn't mess with him. He's definitely not afraid to his a girl." He whispered.

I ignored his comment. "You got something to say, new girl?" He asked, leaving his little posse and walking up to me.

"The name's Asia. And I think you should keep me outta your mouth."

I heard a gasp from behind me, but I was too focused on this Cameron kid in front of me. I did happen to notice everyone got in a circle around us. "I think I'll do whatever the hell I want." He pushed me backwards and I fell in front of everyone.

I started to move backwards and get worried, but I quickly stopped myself.

No.

That was the old Asia. The new Asia isn't gonna take this from anyone. I threw my backpack to the ground near Charlie's feet.

I got up as he turned around and went back to his friends. I swiped my leg underneath his and he tumbled down. Everyone turned this way.

He grabbed my and pulled me down with him, but I kicked him before he was able to do anything. I grabbed his hair as I got up and shoved him directly into the lockers. He winced as he hit his head, but it didn't stop him from fighting back.

He grabbed my hair and threw me to the floor. I threw myself over to him and punched him hard in the face. He scratched me a bit, but overall it didn't faze me.

I heard people around me, some gasping, some woo-ing. But I didn't care. This boy wasn't gonna beat me.

He regained his balance and I kicked him hard across the face and he toppled over. People cheered and I walked towards Charlie and his friends, but instead of talking to them, I simply grabbed my backpack and walked towards my first hour.

I also wasn't worried about getting in trouble with the teachers. He started it. He shouldn't have shoved me.

I may not ever start a fight, but I sure as hell will finish it.

"Holy shit!" Charlie said, laughing through his words. "You killed him!"

"He deserved it." I said turning down the hallway.

"Dude, you're gonna be unforgettable!" Logan said.

Unforgettable?

Did he really mean it? Was Cameron that big of a deal around here that I would be known?

"Asia!" Jenna yelled running up to me. "Oh my goodness, your eye."

"My eye?" I asked.

"Yeah. He hit ya good."

"Really? I didn't even notice." I said. I caught a glimpse of myself in the reflection of a window. It was bruised, but nothing I've never seen before.

"I can't believe you beat him! You're a legend!" Devin said.

I laughed. "Haha." I said sarcastically.

"I'm serious! I've never seen him lose a fight. I don't think he was expecting it."

I really didn't do much. These kids don't know what a real fight is. That was nothing.

"Yeah, well it's what he deserved. And expect more of it if he tries anything else." I said, flipping my hair.

I walked faster and continued to my Spanish class, leaving them to gossip behind me.

People came up to me all day asking all sorts of questions. Like if I did it for fun, for a purpose, if I knew who Cameron was, and pretty much everything you could think of after the whole situation, I guess.

I loved it.

I loved all of it.

Everyone was focused on me.

And for the first time in my life, I wasn't just Asia Adams.

I was confident, I have tons of friends, people want to talk to me, and I was unforgettable.

And that's exactly what I wanted.