Unexpected

Asia's POV

I woke up to the sound of a bowl dropping and Charlie yelling at Devin for dropping the bowl on his foot. Dallas did too.

I groaned. "Mornin' doll."

"Morning." I muttered.

Dallas had his arm wrapped around me as I leaned into his chest.

Gosh... last night was unexpected.

"You ok?" He asked.

"Yeah. Just tired. Like I am every Saturday morning when Charlie picks a fight with someone in this house."

Dallas laughed slightly. He looked down at me as I looked up at him. He kissed me and pulled me closer. He rubbed his hand over my arm and I flinched at his hand rubbing over the scar. Not because it hurt, but because it was so dark last night he couldn't see them and he managed to avoid them.

"What was that?" He asked, pulling his lips off mine.

"Nothing." I said trying to inconspicuously hide it behind my back.

Dallas grabbed my arm and pulled it closer to see. But it didn't take long for him to see the ratchet scar across the side of my arm.

All I could do was sigh. I felt my face get red. "I know. I know. It's bad. But I was 11. I was a kid. I didn't know how to close a bullet wound. Hell, I still don't. But it's what had to be done..." I muttered.

He still looked at it in shock. I wasn't sure what else to say. I just sat there as he started at the gauge in my arm with poorly done stitches over it.

"God, you got lucky with the way this hit you."

"I've been lucky seven times." I showed him my other arm and my leg. I wasn't embarrassed about my body, but more of just the scars.

Then it was time for the knife marks on my stomach.

"How did this even happen?" He asked in shock as he rubbed his fingers over the four, deep lines.

"These are the only ones that didn't happen, because I was wandering around the city at night. My dads friends were over. One of 'em pinned me down and grabbed his switch and did it. My mom pulled him off of me and I ran to my room to close the holes." I mumbled.

"Jesus..." He muttered. "You never thought about getting them redone? Professionally?"

"I would have gone to a hospital in the first place if I had insurance. I can't afford it."

"I'm sorry." He said.

For the first time he actually sounded sincere. I pushed myself under the blanket again and shrugged it off. "It's fine. Nobody else has to see." I mumbled. "But I wanna say thank you." I said trying to change the subject.

"For what?"

"Last night. I know I can be a lot to handle sometimes." I said, softly.

"Asia, have you ever thought for a moment that maybe there's a reason I woke up at three in the morning every... single... night that I've been here?"

I raised an eyebrow. "What?" I asked.

"Asia, I don't wake up around the same time every morning like you do. The first night, I just happened to wake up at three in the morning, because I was somewhere new. Then I realized you did it every night and I started changing my alarm clock to wake up so I could see you."

"Really?" I asked in shock.

"Yep. Figured you wouldn't realize that's what I was doing."

"You're right... I didn't..." I muttered.

"I assumed I had to chance with you after I fucked up day one. So I hoped for the best. Even though it probably wasn't the right approach."

Well that was unexpected...

I laid there in shock. He really did all that just to see me? It didn't seem like him at all.

"Well... I guess it worked..." I mumbled.

I noticed him grin. "Thank God."

He bent down to kiss me and we pulled apart to the sound of an argument breaking out in the kitchen.

I laughed and he groaned. "I guess I'll go break it up."

"I'll be down in a few." I said. I tried to sleep more, but it wasn't working when I heard Dallas get involved in the fight.

I groaned and started to stand up, but collapsed when I couldn't feel my legs. "Jesus Christ..." I muttered.

I put on my clothes and went downstairs. "Why is everyone yelling!" I screamed.

"Logan threw a plate at my foot!" Charlie yelled.

"Did not!"

"Charlie, you threw a glass at me!" Devin yelled.

"I was aiming for Jackson!"

"Why!?" Jackson yelled.

"Cause you laughed at my pain!"

"No, I was laughing at Dallas stepping on glass!"

"Yeah, so funny. Hahaha." Dallas said, sarcastically.

"This wouldn't have happened if Jackson didn't complain about the lack of food!" Logan said.

I rubbed my face with my hands, hoping this was all a dream.

"Wait... what's on your neck?" Charlie asked.

I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and realized exactly what was on my neck.

I turned around and started to walk upstairs, hoping nobody else saw in hopes to convince Charlie he's crazy.

"There's nothing on my neck. I'm going to get ready. I'll make food in five. Don't kill anyone till I get back." I said walking up the stairs.

"Nobody else saw that?" Charlie asked.

"Stop trying to distract from the fact that you threw a glass cup at me!" Jackson yelled.

And the bickering continued.

I went up in my room and threw on regular clothes to wear out and covered up the hickeys on my neck as best as I could. Ended up with more makeup on my neck than on my face.

Then reality hit me.

Dallas wasn't using me...

Dallas actually cared about me.

Oh my God I couldn't believe it. How did this all slip past me? How did I not notice? I thought I noticed everything.

Everything he said to me this morning was just so... unexpected.

But I loved it.