Ziall - Not as planned

Niall’s POV

I sat on my bed strumming my guitar to the tune of Wonderwall. A small smile etched it’s way across my face as I watched Zayn sleeping peacefully on our bed. I felt a gentle kick against my ribcage as I placed the guitar back in its stand. Rubbing my protruding bump lovingly I made my way downstairs.

 The living room was a mess, filled with ripped wrapping paper, solo cups, empty crisp packets and who knows what else. The lads had decided to throw me a baby shower yesterday as I was slowly reaching my due date. Two weeks, two weeks until our little girl would be brought into our lives. My heart swelled at the thought. I had fallen in love with this little girl the day I found out I was pregnant.

 I had been feeling ill for weeks when Zayn decided he was going to take me to the Doctor. I was constantly throwing up and couldn’t sleep because my stomach was constantly churning. After several physical tests and blood work, we found I was pregnant.

We were genuinely surprised my over the moon with excitement. Zayn had burst into tears at the thought of being a Father. When we were married he knew neither of us would ever be able to conceive naturally, but boy was he wrong. Turns out I was born with a women’s reproductive organs as well as a mans.

But seeing I was a man there was no way I would be able to deliver naturally. So when I went into labor I was to have a c-section. I was disappointed but the way our little girl was to brought into the world didn’t faze me, at least I knew I would be a Father even though I was the one carrying her.

 She was getting less active as we neared the due date. She had settled and moved further towards my pelvis preparing for birth. So right now I felt like she was sitting between my knees making sitting down incredibly awkward. Zayn had opted to sleeping on the couch but instead last night he fell asleep on the bed, which in my mind was a good thing for his poor back.

 I struggled as I cleaned up the living room, not being able to bend over to pick up the paper and cups on the floor. I suppose Harry and Louis can clean it up later when they came for lunch. It was now 11:30 so they would be here soon.

The happy couple had recently gotten engaged so were rather handsy when they were meant to be cleaning. Liam had married Danielle 8 months ago and are expecting their first child in 7 months, lucky girl was barely showing. It’s the middle of summer and I’m near full term, not fun.

 As if on queue the four of them pranced through the front door laughing away at whatever they had just been doing. “Hey Ni,” Harry hollered and gave me a quick side hug before jumping onto the sofa. “Oi get up you, you and Lou are cleaning the floor.”

He pouted and crossed his arms, “It was Lou and Zayn, not me.” We all laughed, “Whatever, I need help anyways. I’d like to see you cleaning the house when you’re heavily pregnant. You can’t bend over.” They chuckled and conceded as I made my way up the stairs.

 As i reached half way up the stairs I felt a tight contraction causing me to grip the wall. I felt back a scream as I rubbing the now tight skin. A hand placed on my back made me jump, “Ni are you alright?” I gasped as I felt something running down the inside of my legs. “Dani, I think my water just broke.”

She instantly stood in front of me gripping my shoulders, “Get downstairs and tell Liam, I’ll go get Zayn.” I nodded and stiffly waddled down the stairs. “LIAM!” He came in and took one look at my wet pyjama pants and instantly knew. He raced to my side and helped me to the front door.

 “Where’s Niall?” I heard Zayn yell as he ran down the stairs. He was beside me in a flash with a concerned expression. But behind his concern I saw a glint of excitement. “Come on let’s get him to the hospital. Liam call the midwife.” Zayn ordered and usher me through the door.

 An hour later I lay exhausted on the hospital bed watching Zayn pace the room. Our little girl had been taken away to get checked because they were concerned of a defect. Zayn was completely terrified, I on the other hand was to drugged up to show any emotion.

Apparently I had fallen asleep because an excited Zayn shook me awake. I took one look at him and grinned, because there in his arms lay a sleeping bundle of blankets. I gasped as he placed my beautiful little girl into my arms.

 “Did they say what was wrong with her?” He sighed and took a seat fiddling with his hand, “She has down syndrome.” Tears pricked at my eyes as I kissed the sleeping angel in my arms. “The nurses also would like to know what we’re are going to name her.” I nodded, “ Jessica Marie Malik.”

This is based on a true story :) This happened to my best friend <3