Zarry - My Companion

*in a world where male pregnancies were common*

Harry's POV

Sighing I placed the last of Zayn's ties in the suitcase that lay across our deep green duvet cover. The shower turned off signalling my husband would need his uniform. Smirking I sat beside his dress pants and pressed white shirt on the bed waiting for him to call.

"Harry love," I chuckled,

"Yes?"

"Can you pass me my clothes?"

"Nope," The door opened and he stuck his head out glaring, I smiled innocently.

"Why can't you come and get them? There's no one here but me." He sighed and wrapped his towel around his waist, much to my disappointment.

"Jesus Harry, you're lucky I love you," He grumbled playfully. I rolled my eyes passing him a pressed black tie,

"I love you too Zayny." He smiled leaning forward giving me a quick kiss, pulling away far too soon for my liking.

"I wish I could stay but my flight leaves in an hour." I nodded sadly as he changed.

Zayn worked for an up and coming graphics company the designed and created gaming software. Being the fantastic artist he is, he is on the design team where he gets to create the characters image. He absolutely loved his job, and he got paid extremely well. The only problem was that the company was still getting big, so he occasionally had to fly to America for meetings with bigger companies or manufacturers. He was often gone for several weeks leaving me in London on my own.

"How long will you be for this babe?" I asked zipping his suitcase. I heard him sigh,

"3 weeks," I didn't even reply. Tears built in my eyes, it was never easy letting him leave. We didn't have any children so all I had was me, myself and I. I would often just flicker between home, work and Starbucks with my best mate Louis. But even he was busy with his wife Eleanor, the pair had recently had a baby boy so I didn't see him often.

A pair of arms wrapped around my waist,

"I'm so sorry love, I wish I didn't have to go." I nodded as a tear slid down my cheeks. It landed on his hand and he gasped,

"Oh Haz," I spun around pressing my face into his chest,

"I just miss you so much when you're gone, I don't think you realise how lonely I get." He rubbed my shoulder gently pressing kisses to the side of my head.

"I'm so sorry baby, I wish I didn't have to go. Or at least take you with me. But I can't. I'll call you as much as I can." I pulled away,

"Zayn can I ask you something?" He smiled kissing my nose,

"Of course love."

"Why do you think it is we still don't have a baby?" His eyes widened,

"What do you mean?"

"Why can't I fall pregnant? We've been trying for 2 years and we haven't gotten," a sob racked through my chest, "Anything, I just want a baby Zayn." I sobbed. He pulled me into his chest.

"I don't know baby, I honestly don't know. How about when I get back we go to the specialist and see if there is anything we can do to increase the chances?" I nodded pulling away to examine his shirt,

"I'll iron you a new shirt."

~~~

Sniffling I hugged Zayn kissing his neck softly,

"I'll be back before you know it babe." I nodded sadly willing away the tears.

"I love you Harry," I sobbed,