5. Call me by my nickname

I ran as fast as possible without repeating the mistake I made last time. I didn't look back and ran into the deserted streets.

Shortly, I finally managed to run far away from the home and hid behind the boundary wall of the unknown house. I was panting silently as I looked around to check if he is nearby me.

My legs were shivering in fear and after a few minutes, I heard Kai singing in a deep dark voice, "Butterfly! Oh dear butterfly, come out, come out, wherever you are!"

His voice sent a shiver down my spine. I clasped my hands on my mouth to avoid even a single whimper coming out of my mouth. 

"I promise, I'll change..." A familiar muffled voice passed through my mind.

"I'm sick of this game butterfly! I know you are near me. Come out!", He demanded and walked around my hiding spot. I shifted slowly to the back door of the backyard of the house.

The door created a creaking sound in a pin-drop silent town which definitely would have caught Kai's attention. I took a deep breath and decided to run as fast as I can to reach the nearby car and drive straight to mystic falls to activate my magic and try to contact Bonnie.

As soon as I stepped out of the door, I felt a hand on my wrist with a firm grip and piercing eyes gazing at me with a stern face. I gasped and tried to get free from him but it seems like, he don't care.

"Hello again, Butterfly!" I cringed at his nickname and retorted, "Can you please stop calling me that!?"  He chuckled and replied, "But I like calling you that. See, I found you... You can't run away from me, I won't let you."

He winked and dragged me to a place I'd never been to. It was a place filled with creepers, climbers, and flowers. It was scary and beautiful at the same time. There was a cold yet calm ambiance as I looked around. He finally stopped with a smirk.

"You think, you can die and escape me? Don't you dare to do this again or I will kill you myself!" He threatened with a glare and handed me the ascendant.

I took my hand from his grip and replied, "Why do you care if I die or live?"

He simply smiled with furrowed eyebrows and replied, "I thought we are friends and I guess, friends are supposed to 'share' everything with each other!", He taunted me and rolled his eyes to hold my hands again.

I folded my hands back and hissed, "Friends don't cuddle!" His eyes widened and he sighed loudly to reply, "So, you were mad about it till now!?" He flailed his hands and gave me an "Unbelievable" look.

"Give me your hand!", He added whilst looking at me, narrowing his eyes.

I shook my head and stepped back. "What's wrong? Stop acting like a six-year-old!", He huffed and pulled me close by holding my arm.

"I'm- I'm... ", I mumbled but he cut me off by saying, "A six-year-old girl?". I shook my head again and mumbled again, "I'm scared!" in a single breath.

He sighed and ruffled my hair to annoy me and breathed out, "Trust me, magic is more scared of you than you are scared by it." He said in a monotone.

I scoffed in disbelief but he tightened his grip on my hand and said, "Now, say the spell!"

"So that you can abandon me here and get out of this place? Nah, I'm good!" I snapped. 

"I won't.", He assured to which I rolled my eyes and scoffed. He finally snapped, "Sam, listen to me!"

I flinched, fluttering my eyes to respond to what just happened. He handed me the ascendant and warned with a glare, "Try to outsmart me and you won't be spared this time!"