11. Alone together

I woke up the next morning with the hope that this day will be new and different from the others. I was tired of the daily routine of people asking me if I'm okay. It's nice when people ask you about your well-being but It gets annoying when they just don't stop at this. It was nice that I was doing something different today. 

Yesterday, I agreed with Damon that we will hang out in the cafeteria nearby Whitmore College. I've heard that they serve the best choco mocha coffee around Whitmore College hence, It would be great if I try it with Damon. I slipped into my flip-flop slippers as soon as I came out of my bed and walked toward the bathroom. It wasn't opening. 

What's with me and the locked door

"Damon, come out! I need to use the bathroom!", I yelled from outside and went towards the dressing table to tie my hair up. As soon as I turned, I got greeted by shirtless Damon with the towel wrapped around his waist and ruffled wet hair. 

"Stop staring, your eyes will pop out from the sockets.", He commented whilst smirking. I rolled my eyes and said, "Oh, I'm sure they won't.".

We both giggled and then, I went inside the bathroom to brush my teeth and came out to see pancakes stacked upon each other with maple syrup poured on them and garnished with diced strawberries on them.

I fake-gagged and muttered, "Damon, not again!". He smirked and said, "C'mon, I know these are your favorite!".

I sighed and sat on the chair where I saw Damon slightly biting his lips to prevent his smile from coming on his face whilst typing something on his phone. "What's so funny, Damon?", I asked whilst digging in.

"I'm pretty sure that you won't like to know the chat between Elena and me.", He retorted and smiled wide with a wink. 

"Oh-okay, I don't wanna know about it, keep that to yourself!", I replied, knowing exactly what he is going to tell me about him and Elena. He nodded and took a bite from his pancake. 

++++

We finally got ready to leave to hang out in the cafeteria. Damon drove the car whilst I was sitting on the co-driver seat with headphones in my ears. Nowadays, I was more into melodious songs than songs about heartbreak and struggle. Maybe it's a sign that I'm healing slowly. The whole ride was silent yet comfortable for me to sink into the seat. 

A few moments later, Damon pulled over and tapped my shoulder as he said, "C'mon Sam, It's 'Samon' hangout day'!"

"What hangout day?", I retorted as soon as I heard Damon saying a weird name. Damon gave me a look and sighed as he explained, "Samantha and Damon are equal to Samon!". He pointed at me and himself whilst enunciating his brand-new name.

"It's weird," I commented whilst coming out of the car.

"You're just jealous that you are not as creative as me!" He opined whilst rolling his eyes and pushing the door wide open to enter. I huffed in disbelief and followed him behind and saw Jeremy sitting on one of the chairs.

My eyes widened and I quickly realized why Damon decided to 'hang out' in the cafeteria. Not gonna lie but he is cunning.

He wanted me and Jeremy to patch up.

I held Damon's hand and pulled him back as I whisper-yelled in his ear, "Why is Jeremy doing in our 'Samon Hangout day'?"

"Calm down, he just came to apologize," Damon muttered with a sarcastic smile on his face as soon as he looked at Jeremy. I hesitantly pulled up a smile as I sat across him, besides Damon.

"Hey Samantha!", Jeremy greeted with an awkward smile.

"Hey Jeremy!", I replied. 

I had no idea about what to say next. It was awkward for me to talk normally to a guy who kissed me accidentally and went to do drugs after that, even after promising that he won't do it again.