39. My you

Kai's Pov:-

Regret, pain, and guilt. This is what I've been feeling for the past six months ever since you left me, butterfly. I never thought that I'd get to see this day. Sitting alone in my dark apartment in L.A, with a bottle of whiskey in one of my hands and my phone in another one. I stared at your photo.

You looked so beautiful, almost pushing me to approach you once again. Only if you hadn't blocked me on the phone. I tried everything to get you back but I guess you made up your mind this time. But who said that I'm gonna stop? It's no fun to give up on you so early.

I took another swig of my whiskey before switching the sim card and dialing your number on my phone. It's been weeks since I heard your sweet voice.

Her phone rang for a while before she picked up and there she was. Her voice was as sweet as honey as she said, "Hello?"

It felt like I was finally breathing. My eyes closed in satisfaction while I rested my head against the wall. I wish I could say something to you. I wanted to tell you how much I missed you, your voice, your touch, your scent, and everything associated with you.

"Who is this?" She spoke in anticipation.

I know baby, you're scared. It's been happening for four months now, right? You don't have to be scared of me, honey. I won't harm you, not intentionally.

The phone hung up all of a sudden, making me shake from the trance. I quickly took out the SIM card from my phone and snapped it under my fingers before flicking it somewhere in the corner.

The lights around me get switched on all of a sudden with a view of a blonde girl with a shiny silver short dress and black strap heels, stumbling her way down towards me with her squinted eyes, adjusting to the room.

"Why it's so dark here?" She mumbled as she looked around. "It didn't take you a whole day to make the whole apartment a mess, Brandon. What the hell." She slurred.

I stood up from the floor and dusted my clothes as I spoke, "Yeah, sorry 'bout that."

She took her heels on the entrance and walked towards me, clearly tipsy. "My friends were asking about you." She muttered whilst clinging on to me. I hate when she gets touchy with me.

"Raquel, you're drunk," I replied monotonously.

She pulled back and checked her breath, "I guess, I am." With that, she walked away towards her bedroom.

You must be wondering what is happening. Who is this girl? Why I'm in L.A.?

Well, It all started when you left me. I was devastated. My thirst for blood got up all of a sudden, I got hungry for magic. I was missing you so badly that it turned me into the person I was in 1994 but with magic and strength.

Can you imagine how much people have suffered? It's not like I care but Stefan did.

He was the one to advise me about moving on. I didn't like the idea at first. I still don't like it. But Stefan was persistent about it. He said, "It's good for you as well as her."

I don't know if it's working for you but it's not working for me. Not even in the slightest.

-----
Four months ago

After Stefan's request, I moved across the country to live in Los Angeles. A city that never sleeps at night and a dream place for every Hollywood enthusiast. For me, It was a heaven. I could get away with any murder and no one could suspect a thing. Also because I'm blond now.