37. Control and Irony

Samantha's Pov:-

I could hear my heartbeat echoing in my ears when he started striding towards me with a dark expression on his face. Luckily, my hands were now free from the rope, making my movements free. I crawled back hastily to maintain the distance but he was too fast.

He held on to my ankle to drag me closer. I cried when my skin got dragged against the rough cement on the floor, giving me deep scratches on my back and wrists. He quickly came on top, pinning my hands until I kicked him hard on his abdomen. He curled into a ball aside with an "Umph" sound leaving his mouth.

But my panic didn't stop there. My hands eventually reached toward the empty glass bottle of beer which was lying on the floor beside me. Before he could lung towards me, I found myself smashing that bottle on his head. The scarlet beads dripped from his head, giving his dirty blonde hair, a shade of crimson.

Such a pretty color to stare at.

He let out a scream in pain whilst holding his head tightly. The blood spurted through his fingers anyway. Surprisingly, things didn't end there. He was too stubborn to stay back and I got too curious to know where this could lead me to. As soon as he held my throat in his hand with all his strength, I stabbed him with the bottle.

I felt his breath near my neck when fell on my shoulder. Clearly, he didn't see that coming. His breaths became frantic eventually, making him fall beside me while I sat frozen on the floor. I couldn't believe that I just stabbed someone. I kept looking into the void, too stunned to move or even utter a word.

I was expecting myself to panic or at least cry... maybe try to leave this place after stabbing him but shockingly, I felt euphoric. I felt everything. The sound of flesh tearing apart whilst stabbing, the warm blood on my hands. 

The control.

I felt it all. Suddenly, The door slams open with the wide-eyed Jessica in my vision. She looked quite taken aback by the situation in front of her. Her boyfriend was in his final moments beside me while I was sitting beside him with the bloodied camisole and broken bottle in my hand.

"What the fuck have you done!?" She bellowed while striding towards me. Her knees got weak when she dropped beside her boyfriend, holding him close. Almost reminds me of how I was holding my brother when he was lying on the road.

Now, this is irony.

Her teary eyes glared at me as she spoke, "I'm gonna kill you, bitch!"

I stood up from the ground and stepped back in panic, the broken bottle still in my hand. "Y- you don't understand, Jessica. He was trying to... f- force himself on me. I- I can't let him do that." I tried to reason with her but she kept striding towards me with clenched fists.

"Shut up! He can never do that! You must be the one seducing him!" She accused, full of rage. I was utterly in shock. Why she is not trusting me? Before I could say anything else, I felt a strong punch on my face, almost knocking me out.

My body collided against the cold wall due to the aftermath of the punch. And that's when I snapped. That sudden urge to feel that euphoric feeling again took over me, making me blind in rage and lunging towards her with the broken bottle.

The glass dug deep into her shoulder, making her cry in pain. Her cries were shrill but somehow I heard them as music to my ears. My other hand which was smeared in her boyfriend's blood swiftly went to her throat just like her boyfriend held me, and pushed her back. 

"He was the one who crossed his limits, not me." I breathed out while keeping a steady eye contact with her. Why she can't understand? "He's guilty that's why he deserved it!" I added.