8. Under the party lights

I was pretty nervous about tonight's party. What if, I wore too much being a little extra, or what if I wore something stale? I wanted to fit into the party and didn't want to look out of the box. So, I called Caroline for a little help. Surprisingly, She agreed as soon as I asked her for help.

She sounded like, She was waiting for this moment for a very long time. She barged into my apartment house and raided my wardrobe for choosing the best outfit.

"Umm... Not this, nope... Why this is still here?... Not this too!... And, What is this?", She muttered to herself while throwing my clothes around my room. I pinched the bridge of my nose as I regretted calling her for help because she made my room look like some kind of earthquake hit my room.

"Care, It's okay! I think I can manage.", I uttered from behind her, leaning on my door frame.

"No, You can't! and I think, I found you a suitable outfit.", She replied while grinning. As per my experience, I've concluded that Whenever she grins that means her mind is plotting something scary and something out of the people's comfort zone. 

She handed me a white crop top and a blue denim jacket with black jeans and black boots. "It will match your aesthetic as well as show more than just your normal side, you know what I mean!", She winked while shuffling in my accessory box.

I huffed and asked, "Can't I wear something comfy?"

Her eyes widened as she stated, "You are going to a party, A 'Frat party!' not a 'sleepover party'."

I nodded and went to another room to change my clothes and returned to find out that she selected some accessories for me. Her face got lightened as she declared, "I'm doing your makeover!". I rolled my eyes and replied, "It's not my wedding day, calm down."

Caroline ignored my comment and applied a little rose-colored blush and watermelon-shade lipstick. My eyes glimmered when she applied coral-colored eyeshadow with feline eyeliner.

She just straightened my hair which shined more than before after she applied some serum to give it a glossy effect. Not gonna lie, She really did a good job.

"Oh good lord, you are looking absolutely gorgeous!", She exclaimed whilst stepping back to have a look at what she had done to my face.

She was proud of herself as she looked at me. She really made me pretty. "Thank you so much, Caroline, you really saved my day!", I thanked her. She shook her head and replied, "Thanks for asking me to help. It's progress and you are doing great!"

I nodded with a slight smile and the silence took the place between us until she uttered something I never expected, "Now slay!!"

She said with a little scrunch on her face. I burst into a fit of laughter while clutching my stomach at her comment. She laughed too and hugged me before leaving me. After a while, I heard a car downstairs blowing the horn.

I kept my phone aside and took a look outside to see Jeremy outside. He had a beautiful smile on his face as soon as he saw me. I smiled and waved to him from my window. "Come on, Cinderella!", Jeremy shouted while chuckling. I laughed at the nickname he gave me as I joined him downstairs. 

He opened the car's door like a gentleman and didn't take his eyes off me. "Cinderella? Really?", I said while raising my eyebrows as I sat in the car. He smirked and replied, "You're looking beautiful in this outfit."

I blushed a bit and said, "Thanks."

He suddenly caressed my cheek before starting to drive to the party. I just couldn't process what just happened. Was Damon right? Does Jeremy really like me? I thought Damon was joking around me to make my party uncomfortable because I postponed his plan.