22. Here comes another one

My heart shuddered at the news of Caroline. I never expected her to do something like this. I almost lost control of my knees and fell until I held the nearby cabinet. My grip on the nearby cabinet tightened when I shut my eyes and clasped a hand on my mouth to muffle my sobs.

She felt immeasurable grief to comprehend therefore, she chose not to feel it.

"Hey hey hey! What happened?", Kai's frantic voice came from behind with a pair of hands to hold me strong. I turned to Kai and held his T-shirt in my fist whilst resting my head on his chest.

"Kai, She turned off her humanity. She did it.", I mumbled between sobs. Kai didn't say anything but hummed in response. "How could she ever do that? She had everyone. She could have shared her grief with... Stef– Stefan, or E- Elena..."

Kai caressed my back and wrapped his arms around me as I rambled through my sorrow and denial. After a moment, he sighed and replied, "Sometimes the pain gets overwhelming enough to make you do things you never thought you would do."

I took a deep breath after some shuddering moments. I kept my focus on the rhythm of his heartbeat which was easing me in a sort of way. I wrapped my hands around him and muttered, "What are we gonna do now?" I felt his chest vibrate as soon as I asked him this question.

"It's simple. Just don't step outside until she gets fixed, Alright?", He said before kissing my forehead. My eyes widened while my mouth was left ajar in shock.

"That's what Bonnie said!", I exclaimed and flailed my hands on either side of my waist.

He snickered, "Ha, Maybe she is not that dumb."

------
Kai's Pov-

Grief, A word to which I am oblivious, is forcing me to feel it but I just can't. It's not in my hands. A part of Luke inside of me wants to feel every inch of it until I get soaked in it but I deny feeling it. I am not going to give him that satisfaction if he is in me.

But here comes Samantha, A girl who seems to tend to feel the grief on my part too. It makes my skin crawl whenever I see someone crying but when it comes to her, my blood somehow boils in anger. Why she can't be happy if she is with me? Maybe because she is still with her "self-righteous" friends which are preventing her to be happy.

Her skin is paler than normal and her cheeks are blotchy with tears. My gaze went to her hands which were trembling in shock.

A vampire is on loose.

A thought came through my mind. I held her hand and intertwined it with mine. I kissed her hand and draped it around my neck. She smiled weakly in tears as she fixed her standing posture. With a snap of the fingers, the music player switched on the song. I smirked whilst placing my hands at her waist.

Caroline can kill her without any remorse.

A second thought ran through my mind which made my grip tighten around her waist. We rested our heads against each other and stood still. Her hands were subtly fidgeting around my neck which exhibited the elements of nervousness and anxiety in Samantha's terms.

I leaned down a bit to get close to her. She looked at me innocently through her lashes. It seemed like she was confused about what I'm going to do. I leaned closer to her until my lips brushed hers.

Caroline can take her away from you.

No. No one can take away what's mine. She is mine. Her arms around me steadied at that moment. Her hands were no more trembling therefore I crashed my lips unto hers while my arms pulled her closer. I felt like, her every kiss should be mine. We pulled back for a moment to take a breath and that's when a rotten memory of Jeremy kissing Samantha struck in my mind.