25. Call of the city

Tyler's pov-

The days were slow but peaceful. It feels good when you realize that you don't have to crack your bones every month to turn into a werewolf. When you don't have to feel every single bone breaking and shifting inside you. When you don't have to feel the muscles twisting right in front of your sight.

It was all gone.

Now, all I feel is Liv, sitting next to me under a soft blanket. She was telling me about her childhood and the coven's rituals. I would have been least interested in witch's businesses but it's Liv we are talking about. One hand was massaging her scalp while the other was wrapped around her shoulder.

She snuggled closer and giggled out of the blue. "What is it?", I asked with a smile. She giggled again and pinched my cheek playfully as she said, "If we ever had kids then what are they gonna be? A witch or a werewolf? Or, umm... A witch-wolf?"

"Are you drunk?", I chuckled at her question.

"No, but isn't it hilarious? Kids howling around us." She guffawed whilst pulling the blanket up to her. I let out a hearty laugh before kissing her head and said, "I don't wanna imagine it!"

"Sure, you don't!", She rolled her eyes after slapping at my bicep. "Hey," I pulled her close and kissed her temple as I said, "I just want to take it slow with you. I mean, who wants floating wolves before graduating college?"

She chuckled and climbed up to kiss my forehead, "I think, you're right!"

See, Isn't it nice to finally have something normal after a very long time?

After she sat beside me and intertwined her hand with mine, her voice suddenly became shaky as she said, "Luke won't be there to see our kids. It's all because of Kai." I caressed her arm and rested my head on the backrest of the bed.

"I know," I mumbled as I closed my eyes.

I still remember when I walked inside my house in a bad mood when Liv got missing only to find Kai sitting in the shadows. It felt like he was waiting for me. His eyes followed me. My every movement. And there was a glass in his hand filled with whiskey, I guess.

"I think gin gets a bad rap." He complained before gulping the amber liquid down his throat. My muscles were tensed at his presence. Every cell of my body was forcing me to knock him down but I couldn't. He knew where my Liv is.

Yet I couldn't help myself and let out a snarky reply, "I don't give a shit about your gin. What are you doing here? And where is Liv?" He hooted whilst placing the glass on the table and leaned back on his chair as he said, "I think you should. After all, It's Liv we are talking about... Unless you don't care about her."

He made a fake frown face and smirked at last. His physique looked intimidating from the shadows yet I was unfazed by it. Nothing seemed to matter when it came to Olivia. "Oh shut it, Kai. I think you should stop hovering around Samantha too. She has nothing on you! Leave her alone." I warned him with a stern tone.

"Leave her alone?", He snickered. My hands were clenched in fists, jaw tightened yet I kept my calm. "Quit stalling and tell me where is she?", I grumbled. "Aren't we talking about Samantha anymore?", He mocked whilst fiddling with the glass.

I strode towards him- but maintained some distance due to his spontaneous actions- and tried to trigger him so that he could blurt something out. "Alright, Let's talk about Samantha! I guess you have a silly crush on her, right? I get it." Perhaps, It will rile him up to say something.

He stood up from the couch abruptly and held the bottle in his hands. He strode towards me whilst smashing the bottle at a nearby wall and pointed it at my neck. His hand was at the back of my neck. His breaths were irregular and filled with rage. "I'd rather not kill you, but I will." He threatened as he started poking the pointed glass piece in my neck, enough to draw some blood out.