41. Maze

Samantha's POV:

In Salvatore Boarding House.

I thought I would never return to Mystic Falls again but here I am, sitting among the supernaturals as they stare into my soul. Yes, it was their first reaction after meeting me in six months.

It was Jeremy's plan to take me back to Mystic Falls to look into this matter together. After a long drive, we finally stepped into the property of the Salvatore brothers that I once left with my brother. All those memories came to the surface as if it all happened yesterday. No matter how hard I try to run away from those memories, they always chase me.

Just like him.

Stefan opened the door and was utterly in shock after looking at me. Obviously, he would have never expected me. His eyes got moistened, followed by a soft smile. He looked genuinely happy by my presence until I was pulled into the warm embrace of Caroline who probably just sensed my presence.

She was the most sensitive person who could sense the presence of someone by the changes in the air. Bonnie joined us soon with a soft melancholic smile on her face. She mumbled an apology for what had happened with tears in her eyes while I held her in my arms delicately, telling her that it wasn't her fault.

Lastly, I met Damon who couldn't believe his eyes that I was back. He thought that his mind was playing tricks again. Jeremy told me on the trip back to Mystic Falls that he had been trapped in a hellstone. I had to be careful with him but I couldn't help it when I saw him.

He was trying so hard to not let his tears fall. But soon, he walked forth to pull me in a hug. It felt good to meet my friends again. I was happy after a long time.

After staring at me for a long time, I broke the silence, feeling clearly uncomfortable.

"Guys, I think we should get to the point..."

"―Yes you're right." Caroline chirped in before clearing her throat to draw everyone's attention towards herself.

The group discussion finally started, and I noticed a new member in the meeting who just casually walked into the house. He had brown eyes, black hair, and hunter's eyes. He stood beside Bonnie with a slight smirk on his face while I wondered who is he. Gradually, Bonnie halted the discussion and introduced the man beside her.

"Sam, meet Enzo. Enzo, this is Samantha." She said with a soft smile. Enzo looked at me with a small smile and walked forth to shake my hand. "Nice to meet you, miss."

He had an enigmatic and chivalrous aura that I could not interpret. I hesitantly shook his hand and as expected, his hands were cold. So, he is a vampire. I nodded with a tight-lipped smile and replied, "Likewise."

Damon must have sensed the awkward situation because he started the discussion again. He was working on the pin board while stating how all those murders are connected to Kai while Stefan was surprisingly defending Kai.

To be honest, I really don't want to accept that it's Kai who's doing this.

"Stefan, have a look at this. Don't you think, someone like Kai would kill a person like this?" Damon insisted while looking at everyone.

"I don't think so. Maybe, It's Klaus on a rampage." He shrugged his shoulder before leaning back on his sofa.

"Who's Klaus?" I mumbled.

All of a sudden, everyone got uneasy. What just happened? Caroline looked everywhere but didn't make eye contact with us. Am I missing something? Before I could ask anything, Damon replied "He's an original hybrid but that story is for another time."