34. More Secrets

Samantha's pov-

"Ooh, I almost forgot how it feels to be not in chains." Kai chortled whilst rubbing his wrist and coming out of the cellar. He looked around, taking a deep breath, and at last, his eyes settled on me.

His lips almost parted to say something to me but Damon cut in with not so pleased face. "I need answers, Now!" His voice held desperation but it didn't let his power in the room shake.

"Okay okay!" Kai flailed his hands in the air as a surrender with a smug wide grin on his face. I don't know what's funny to him when we are in grave suspense after what he said.

We sat on the sofas where Kai sits very close beside me and Damon across us. Our thighs touches in the process and we were super aware of it but none of us- I mean, I don't- had any guts to react to it. He comfortably snaked his arm around my waist to pull me closer to him while maintaining eye contact with Damon until my shoulder collided with his bicep.

Their staring game went on until I cleared my throat to catch both of their's attention. I wondered why Stefan and Jeremy haven't shown up yet and where is Bonnie?

Kai kept brushing his hand up and down my arm and gave me affectionate smiles before Damon leaned towards the table, his fingers intertwined and resting on his knees as he spat, "Now start before I change my mind."

Kai looked at me again with an amusing smile lingering on his lips. As if he was saying "Did you see that? He thinks he's scary!"

He turned his head at Damon with a glazed look whilst leaning back on the sofa with his knees wide apart as he sighed.

"Elena Gilbert. That doe-eyed chick... Man! She played well." He chuckled, looking blank in the void as if he is fascinated by what he saw. Damon wasn't pleased at all.

"I knew she was up to something since Samantha's birthday. I saw how she looked at my Samantha when Jeffery―"

"Jeremy." Damon implied.

"Yeah, Jeremy. The guy who left your girlfriend to wish Samantha her birthday." he rolled his eyes and I felt his grip on my waist tighten. I looked at him when his grip kept tensing on my waist. It was enough to leave a faint bruise on my waist but there were no emotions on his face other than anger laced with sarcasm.

As if his hand has its own mind.

"The way she kept rolling her eyes at every thanks Samantha said, was enough for me to realize that she is not a big fan of her but, she couldn't do anything. She didn't want to look bad so she used y'all." His voice wasn't calm at all and I get it. He's been through the prison world trauma again so it's natural for him to get like this.

At least, this is what I've acknowledged so far.

"Okay, enough of that bullsh―" Damon grumbled whilst standing up.

"I saw her face, her― her smile, when Bonnie was leaving me in the prison world. I knew that her next target is my Samantha." Kai spoke up again like he didn't care if Damon is going to beat him the next second. He looked into the void as he spoke and did not even look at either of us.

I felt him holding onto me again.

"Look, first of all, she is not your Samantha and secondly, you're delusional and I should kill you right now." Damon threatened whilst striding towards him.

My fear of him getting hurt resurfaced in my mind again which made me lean towards Kai intrinsically, hoping that it will be me who will get hurt first before him. My heart was beating fast enough for me to hear myself.