6. cupid

MORIAH—
March 1, 2021– Queens
2:15 PM

cupid doesn't lie but you won't know unless you give it a try

tori, ari and myself decided to pull up to the shop today. Tori only really came to convince nicki to do her hair for tonight, Ari came to steal a few natural hair products from TT Lisa and i came to bring Hassan starbucks and his cuban link he left home without earlier.

Why he needed it? i'll never know.

When i pulled up to the shop my two sisters got out first and I on the other hand was too busy checking in on my phone. I needed to check a few emails because i was waiting on an email from Nicki's and I apartment complex to help us with the digital smart house feature our condo had.

apparently you could lock, unlock your doors, turn the air or heat on/off, play music, turn water on and off as well as a lot more from away from home just at a push of a button.

When i realized i hadn't had an email yet i decided to get out. Maybe they emailed nicki since she was the overseer of the apartment.

"Moriah" i heard my name being called in a whisper. looking over my shoulder it was david coming from across the street.

I was hesitant to entertain him because if my sisters saw they'd be on my ass.

i snapped and pointed to the side of the building. i hurried to the side of the building while taking a glance inside and noticed my sisters were in their own world.

"hurry up" i told him once he stood in front of me.

"i need you to help me-"

"before i indulge i want you to explain why you did what you did" my arms went into a fold. I always gave people the benefit of the doubt before i flipped out. "it looked like you completely picked a side"

"look, it looked bad but i didn't just up and leave on y'all. when security came they thought me, big and breezy was in on what happened when that wasn't the case but they basically kicked us out and when i got outside i went to check Jo bout that shit she pulled with Nicki" he looked like he genuinely cared and was being truthful "shit i ain't even know y'all left i went back inside and one of yo cousins can vouch for me" he continued and i took a deep breath.

"i believe you" i smiled weakly and he smiled as well "i just hope you can get my sisters to believe you as well because you are completely on their shit list" i continued and his smile faded