18. tell him

NICKI:

June 18, 2021– Queens 10:52PM

Now i may have faith (I may have faith) to make mountains fall (To make mountains fall) But if I lack love, then I am nothin' at all

Now i may have faith (I may have faith) to make mountains fall (To make mountains fall) But if I lack love, then I am nothin' at all. I can give away (I can give away) everything I possess But left without love then I have no happiness. I know I'm imperfect (I know I'm imperfect), and not without sin (Not without sin, nah)

"WHERE THE FUCK IS MY SON" i was sick of everyone just lookin at me and fucking crying.

"LIKE ARE YALL FUCKING STUPID!" my heart was beating outside of my chest and i was a second close to completely losing my shit.

Nobody wanted to answer any questions and my stomach was starting to turn inside out.

"Hello, ma'am" an unrecognizable voice approached me hesitantly. She had a clipboard in her hand and was dressed in scrubs "your Hassan's mom?" she asked and i nodded

"he's currently undergoing surgery, the bullet was stuck in his lower back and he lost a lot of blood. We've been waiting for someone with a match to possibly assist with the process because the longer we wait the worse things will get"

"i'm not a match" i took a deep breath and i was trying so hard right now not to mentally and physically lose it

i know for a fact i wasn't a match. He was type O positive and i was B positive. His dad was a match but the thought of having to calling him right now infuriated me.

I knew he was going to give me hell about this and i couldn't handle it.

"what's his blood type?" david asked

"O positive" my mother finally spoke for the first time since i've been here. I'm sure she hadn't said anything because she knew i would cuss her smooth out about this shit.

"I'm O positive, what i gotta do" he asked and a huge sigh of relief came over me. I thought i'd have to call hassan's dad and i couldn't handle that right now.

"well, we can start by testing your blood and then if it's good to go we can start the process" she turned to david to explain

"how the fuck did my son end up out of your care?" i finally decided to address my mom.

"nicki chill-"

"ari shut the fuck up im not talking to you!"

"i didn't know he left, your brother came to pick up some food and then he left but before that hassan was in the room sleep" she confessed teary eyed and i sucked my teeth.