prologue-

coming summer 2022-

It wouldnt be a good Sunday to start my week off without getting a fresh cut at Lonnies. I been coming to this barbershop since a young bull and it ain't gone change. even with the little money i came into off this rapping shit i still make sure to support and pop up here and there.

A lot done changed since i was a youngin. It wasn't just a barbershop it was a hair salon too. i ain't trip unlike the other niggas cause all the baddest bitches slid through and you know they wanted a taste of yo boy.

I parked out front and hopped out my black on black 2021 Land Rover Range Rover and headed inside. i loved sunday's cause it wasn't too many people coming to get haircuts and nobody was hanging outside.

"I'm not gone ask you again to stay out my fucking shit" like always it was drama between the men and women in the shop.

"and you wonder why yo son talk the way h-"

"bitch don't worry about my fucking child"

nicki was going off per usual and she looked good as fuck. her and old man was always exchanging words, truth be told he liked to see her upset just like everybody else. she was fine as hell and that attitude was sharp.

i was glad they had her in here. i thank her auntie every time i get the chance. if it wasn't for her there would be no hair salon going on in the other half of the shop.

"ayy it's Lil D" old man redirected the attention to me. and of course everyone was happy to see me. everybody but nicki, for some reason she ain't fuck with me.

"wassup yall" i greeted everybody with a nice smile. "wassup nicki" i singled her out and she looked up from her chair she was sitting in and rolled her eyes.

"she a little upset cause old man ate her mangoes" curtis told me and he signaled me over to his empty chair.

"old man you keep fucking with my niece and ima show you an old ass whooping" her auntie Shay spoke abruptly as she peeled the cape off of her client.

"yeah yeah, ain't nobody scared of y'all" he waved them off and rolled his eyes.

in the mist of getting my haircut i texted one of my boys to come bring me a fruit cup full of mangoes to give to lil mama cause she seemed really upset bout that shit. just as i was paying curtis my nigga Big came through with the bag with 4 fruit cups with only mangoes.

"fat booooyyy" Eric taunted Big. big always played it off with a laugh cause he was used to it.

"wassup everybody" he greeted everyone before handing over the bag of mangoes.

"appreciate it boy" i told him and we dapped each other up.

"hope that ain't no drugs" old man interrupted us

"now you know we don't even fumble with them type of schemes no more" big came to our defense and took the words from my mouth. he played it off with a laugh "you coming outside?"

"nah, ima be in the studio" i told him and he nodded

"ight ima catch you when i catch you young bull" we dapped each other up again and he made his way out. i followed but instead of leaving out i went over to nicki. she was still sitting in her chair and was looking in the mirror in front of her.

"here lil mama, don't let that old nigga fuck up yo day" i dangled the bag in front of her. she blankly stared at me before grabbing the bag hesitantly. she looked inside of it and then looked up at me.

"thank you" she told me lowly and i nodded

i turned to walk away but i had to think about it. she ain't never spoke to me this was probably the first real time so since the shop died down a bit and everybody was in they own world i might as well shoot my shot.

i turned back around and leaned over the counter that separated the exit walkway from her side of the shop.

"when you gone let me take you out?" i asked calmly and her eyes rolled. she took a deep breath "nah, fr you be treating me like i'm some lame and don't be tryna fuck with me like i did some to you"

she just blankly stared at me with her lips turned to the side as if she was giving it some thought.

"look, i wanna take you to a concert tomorrow-"

"a concert?" her eyebrow raised instantly

"yeah, DMX concert" i nodded and she sucked her teeth "look, hear me out" i smirked "i'm always tryna holla at you so boom let me take you out if you ain't vibing i leave you alone for good"

"and if i do?" she asked calmly now folding her arms across her chest.

"you gotta give yo boy a chance" i shrugged nonchalantly and she sighed lowly "come on..." i was basically begging. she still left me with no answer, no expression or nothing to go off of. "ima leave my number with you so you can think on it, but it's tomorrow" i grabbed a business card and wrote my name and number on the back. i slid it across the counter and left it there.

i wasn't sure if she was gone hit me or not but i turned to leave out. soon as my back was facing her i was face to face with her little sisters.

Ari, Tori, and Moriah.

"hm" ari sized me before she bumped past me.

"you tryna get in my sister panties?" tori asked before pushing a cherry red blow pop sucker into her mouth

"don't answer that" moriah pushed tori past me and they both walked by.

i shook my head before chuckling to myself and heading out.

how we feeling so far?
vote & comment