10. come over

NICKI—
April 29, 2021– Queens
2:47PM

can i come over? (can i) come over (stop by) come over (to see you) come over (tonight)

"alright girl you all done" i uttered all while saving the video i had just taken of my client into my phone so i could upload it later onto my hair page.

"i love it so much" she ran her fingers through her hair before digging into her purse and pulling out her remaining balance.

"yeah, it looks even better in person" i assured her as i analyzed her hair incase of any last minute changes.

she hands me two solid hundred dollar bills and 10 twenties.

"the hundreds what i owe and the twenties are your tip" she confirmed and i nodded

"thank you baby" she got up from her seat and we hugged briefly.

"i'll see you in the next two weeks" she assured me and i nodded. i loved my regulars.

i stuff the money into my apron as she made her way out.

"shit, i pulled up just in time" i was somewhat startled by aaron sneaking up.

i didn't even notice him come in at any moment.

"and what do i owe the pleasure?" i asked sarcastically. i brushed past him to grab the broom and dustpan to clean up my mess.

"i was thinking we go sit down and ta-"

"if you wanna talk we can talk now before my next client shows up" i cut him off bluntly. he wasn't slick at all.

"damn like that?" he asked and i nodded as i started to sweep up around my chair.

"the whole thing with hassan and shit ion too much like" he cleared his throat "he be listening to yo sisters and just be saying anything, we gotta fix that-"

"you could start by actually listening and showing interest in your son and maybe we wouldn't have these problems" i grabbed the dust pan and swept the trash up completely before dumping it into the trash on the side of my station.

"what makes you think i don't show interest in him? i love that little nigga" he was growing a bit defensive like always when i called him out.

"never said you didn't love him" i put the broom and dust pan away. "but you don't know much or anything about him..you thought he was 7.." i finally looked at him and he sucked his teeth and waved me off.