18

18- lie

They came back from Wilson's home. They started being so happy and Nandini was madly loving his attention and care. She accepted his every passionate idea of romance.

Manik started giving her full freedom, she started going out shopping so on. He started trusting her fully means he loves her but will be strong to face the coming thunderstorm.

One afternoon,

Nandini felt bored, and she left to shop some clothing for Manik for the first time.

She informed Manik and shared her location. She completed shopping. Manik planned to surprise her by visiting the mall. As she was about to leave! She accidentally collided with someone.

"I'm sorry!" she mumbled while taking the bags which were scattered on the floor.

"It's ok" the lady of her mid- '40s responded.

Soon, Nandini has seen the women she got rooted in shock.

It's Nancy I.e., Manik's mom.

Nandini moved away by seeing her. She felt disgusted by remembering Manik's words.

"I want to talk with you just two minutes, "Nancy asked.

"I don't wanna talk with disgusting ppl like you!!" she scowled while moving away.

"I did nothing bad that you're thinking me as disgusting!" she cried with innocence.

"Oh really, but you're!! because a real woman will never leave her son for her needs and you did it!" she scowled.

"You don't know what happened in my life, even Manik doesn't know he just misunderstood me and believed his dad madly!!" she broken in tears.

"No need to give lame reasons after doing such deeds!!" she scolded.

"I want my son Nandini ! Only you can give me him please, once listen to me, then you can think anything!" she pleaded in tears.

Nandini felt some pain by seeing her tears.

Nandini nodded... They left a cafe in the mall.

Nancy Pov,

I married Madison when I was studying my engineering final year. It's an arranged marriage. He married me just to get my family property and business. After marriage, my dad named our business in his name. He started doing business. In between, he accepted me as his wife. He used to treat me like a thing, just a thing. He never talked with me. He doesn't even know my likes and dislikes. I used to study and work at home at night. He used to come home and after satisfying himself; he used to sleep. He never cared about my feelings.

Sometimes, he used to force me! I accepted everything by thinking it was my fate. I tried to adjust! Then, I found that I had Manik in my womb. I got a hope; I thought I had got company in my lonely life. He was born, he grew up; I loved every second of my life with him.

Madison didn't like me being pregnant because it would disturb his lust, but he did everything even on the time of my pregnancy.

After a few years, Manik turned 10. Madison left him in a boarding school. Because he cannot see our bonding, he cannot spend his nights as Manik is sleeping with me. He turned like a beast. My life turned so worst again, the same loneliness.

I don't expect more, but I just expect some love and care. But I never got it from.

I started fighting back. Every day we used to end up with fights. I joined in business by my dad's support.

Then, I met James. He is a gentleman who was a single father as his wife passed away few years back. He showed me what life is! He made me feel complete; I liked his company. We were friends at the beginning; I helped him in business by giving best ideas, which Maddy ignored because of his male domination and ego.

James started getting fame and profit, which hurt Madison's ego. He got jealous by seeing James's grow. He started torturing me more, both physically and mentally, and my parents passed away in between. I was fed up with all, so finally, I divorced him.

I thought to take the position of Manik. I expected Manik to love his mom, but Madison took away my happiness. He manipulated Manik in all those years. I haven't taken a single pie as an alimony; I left my whole property. I named everything on Manik's name. I left that mansion and went alone.

I joined James's company, then I started earning more and more until finally he got businessman award; he proposed me on stage. I accepted him. We got married. Madison felt insulted. He lost his business; he lost the property, as I named on Manik. In that frustration, he committed suicide.

Manik was unaware of anything. He doesn't want to know because his mind is ruled by his dad. James loves me and Manik too. He is always ready to accept Manik, but Manik doesn't like me. I lost my son!!"

"Nandini ! I am happy that he got love from you, but. I want my son please, Nandini ! But it's ok, I'm happy that he is happy with you. I can wait if you don't trust me! Check the files in the locker in your mansion storeroom. Trust me, Nandini ! I'm not that bad." I confessed my pain hidden in my heart. I know she will change my son's mind. She can turn him good and give him a happy life. I want my family back. I want my son.

------—

She said with tears. Nandini can see the truth in her eyes. After some conversation, James and Liam (son of James I.e., stepbrother of Manik) entered. Nandini gave a smile. They got lost in talking. Manik reached the place. The scene shocked him to see Nandini along with Nancy. He raged in anger and dialed Nandini .

"Mic!" she whispered, attending his call.

"Where are you, Nandini ?" he asked in a calm tone, maintaining patience. She gulped lumps hearing his question.

"Just started back, Manik!' she lied sweating.

"Ok! I will be home late. Take care" she hung up the call. It froze Manik hearing her lie.