21

21- Realization

Hospital

12 HOURS LATER,

Nandini was still unconscious. The doctor came out of the ICU after checking her condition.

"She is out of danger, but she should be under medical supervision," the doctor said.

"Thank you so much, doctor!" Manik said gracefully.

"If you don't mind, can I say something?" the doctor asked hesitatingly.

"Yah doctor, tell me"

"I think she has gone through a lot of physical and psychological pain and pressure. The marks on her body are clearly saying that and her body is sensitive, she can't handle that force. It would be better if you stay away for a few days, Mr. Scott, she will be fine and I can only say be gentle, the tears in your eyes are showing your love for her. If you really love her and want her in your life, you should care for her," the doctor suggested.

Manik nodded and the doctor left.

Soon a pair of ears heard everything that the doctor said.

It was Nancy, she moved towards him.

"What the hell you're doing here?" Manik yelled.

She gave him a tight slap.

"You're disgusting Manik."

"What was the sin that innocent soul committed to lie on the hospital bed lifelessly? What she did, Manik, if you are angry with me? Why can't you come and kill me? Why did you do this to her? It's my fault that I talked with her and expressed my past and begged her to give me my son, but you...You're same like your dad, who always thinks that girls are born to be slaves. Your dad did the same to me, so, I left him! But you did the same with Nandini , but she loves you more than herself, so she got ready to leave her life.

" Why Manik, what's wrong with you? Why have you been so bad, and worse is it the reason that I left your dad, so you hate all girls and torture your wife like this? I left your dad because your dad doesn't love me; your dad only loved my wealth. And your dad died because of his so-called ego. He died because his competitor won awards. He felt it like an insult, so he died and I don't care because all the time in life he treated me like a thing, and now you're doing the same with Nandini . That day, I had none, but today Nandini is not alone. I will stand for her. I will be for her!" Nancy broke down in tears.

Manik got rooted in shock.

"No, you're lying, my dad loved you!" he murmured.

"He doesn't love me nor you! He only loves money. If you don't believe it, check the files, only I transferred the whole property in your name because your dad doesn't have a single pie. His everything is given by my dad" Nancy said.

" No, he gave you an allowance for divorce, right!" he asked in shock.

"No, I took nothing, I only wanted your custody, but you rejected that because your dad manipulated everything. I know you want proof right. Just wait for an hour, I will give you my divorce papers," she said while dialing someone.

After an hour, Liam came up with a file and gave it to Nancy.

Manik was shocked to see the papers, it was clearly stated that there was zero alimony and the whole property was named for Manik. Nancy left that mansion with only tears.

" nooooo!" he screamed while getting on his knees.

"Why Daddd? Why did you cheat me? I trusted you badly, but why you cheated me!" he has broken down.